1. #1 Southern California may see sub-freezing temperatures 
    By Andrew Blankstein, Paloma Esquivel and Nathan Olivarez-Giles
    December 16, 2008
    Heavy rain and snow are expected to be replaced by sub-freezing temperatures in some areas of Southern California after the first major storm of the season pummeled the region Monday, triggering evacuations in some burn areas, collapsing the roof of a school and causing at least two traffic fatalities.

The storm dumped more than 2 inches of rain in some areas, including Beverly Hills, and nearly 2 feet of snow in the mountains, said Stuart Seto of the National Weather Service. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected through Wednesday afternoon as the massive storm system begins moving out of the area.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-wi...,4087333.story

Damn that global warming. :(

Now that the fire danger is over, they'll whine about the mudslides.

It's still Bush's fault, though. We need to make that clear. The Obama Perfect Weather/Responsible Climate Machine doesn't get kicked on until next month. :p

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The Governator will not be pleased.

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Actually, eastern parts of San Diego county have been reaching freezing temps. The city proper, where I am, is more temperate, but this is one cold weather system for San Diego. (Not that I am complaining; most the of the year is heaven, that is, when we're not burning down or having earthquakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually, eastern parts of San Diego county have been reaching freezing temps. The city proper, where I am, is more temperate, but this is one cold weather system for San Diego. (Not that I am complaining; most the of the year is heaven, that is, when we're not burning down or having earthquakes.)
    Where I am also, it's not as cold as other parts of the county are.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan