Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You are not an angry mob, you are a deluded blob.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Augiedog (1,641 posts)

The GOP has decided to say we Democrat's are an angry mob. Good. 1930's German citizenry

too should have been feared as an angry mob.
    They did, you ignorant twit. The misbehavior, terrorism, and thug behavior of the unions, Social Democrats, and Communists scared the typical German voters to the point that they looked at the Nazis as the only effective counterweight to them. The Nazis played a fairly low-key game about where they were going until they actually seized power through a unique combination of lucky timing, peculiarities of Weimar constitutional law, and seizing the moment. Their star was already past its zenith when everything fell into place for them, not all of it even of their own doing.

But it was first and foremost the excesses of the Left, from the Red Republics of 1919 to rioting and terrorist acts in the 30s, that drove the moderate voters into the arms of the Nazis and put the latter in position to seize that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    No, Jerkazoid DU Liar (Triple Modular Redundancy, for the sake of clarity), Trump did not label all Ds as an angry mob, just certain people who tried to storm the doors of the USSC.

On the other hand, HilLIARy did label one quarter of US voters as Deplorables - racists, misogynists, everything-evil-ists - an estimate DUpipo seem to think should be 100% higher.

Since Godwin's Law was fulfilled with the OP of this thread, I'd like to ask any DU onlurkers who chance to see this post some questions. Trump has been in office nearly 21 months. Where is Trump's Dachau? Where are the Prog businesses whose windows have been smashed? Where are the liberal churches whose stained glass windows have been smashed and walls tagged? By Trump voters, not false-flag Trump-Haters.
    Pete , I'm so proud of you

Now we just got to get jerkazoid into the urban dictionary.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    They did, you ignorant twit. The misbehavior, terrorism, and thug behavior of the unions, Social Democrats, and Communists scared the typical German voters to the point that they looked at the Nazis as the only effective counterweight to them. The Nazis played a fairly low-key game about where they were going until they actually seized power through a unique combination of lucky timing, peculiarities of Weimar constitutional law, and seizing the moment. Their star was already past its zenith when everything fell into place for them, not all of it even of their own doing.

But it was first and foremost the excesses of the Left, from the Red Republics of 1919 to rioting and terrorist acts in the 30s, that drove the moderate voters into the arms of the Nazis and put the latter in position to seize that opportunity.
    History gets taught in schools these days with a lot of pertinent facts. The Nazi Brownshirts weren't the only thugs on the streets of Germany, just the ones who won. The (in)famous "Horst Wessel Lied" was about a Nazi thug killed in the streets by a Communist thug. That's another matter I learned about after high school through my own reading.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Pete , I'm so proud of you

Now we just got to get jerkazoid into the urban dictionary.
    I figure that if I'm stuck with a weird hybridized language like English, I'm going to have fun with it.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I figure that if I'm stuck with a weird hybridized language like English, I'm going to have fun with it.
    Another fun word: Klantifa.