1. #1 Chicago Cop found gulty of 2nd degree murder in death of Laquan McDonald. 
    I don't think too many people will be disagreeing with the verdict. The video of the incident played nationally at the time, and it was pretty clear cut that the officer was in the wrong.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Somehow, it must all be Trump's fault.

Sorry Noonie, just a little levity. Have loosely followed this case and the Chicago PD has had some awful elements for a very long time.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

https://nypost.com/2018/10/05/jason-...ing-trial/amp/

This report of the verdict includes a brief account of what happened. That McDonald had been committing crimes is obvious. The he was armed with and was brandishing a knife is similarly obvious. But it sounds like CPD had the situation generally contained and were waiting for an officer with a taser so as to arrest McDonald without shooting him. For whatever reason, Van Dyke didn't go along with that plan and shot McDonald.

It's telling that Van Dyke's attorney tried to claim testimony contradicted by dashcam video should be believed rather than the video when it came to things McDonald actually did. Video can't record how people perceived what happened, but it does show what happened.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I'm as back the blue as they come but this goes against anything logical. I guess this guy didn't know the Tennessee vs Garner case.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.