1. #1 I'm not going to stop being angry about Brett K and here is why: 
    link

Coventina (18,175 posts)
    I'm not going to stop being angry about Brett K and here is why:

1. My mother (now dead) was a rape survivor.

2. My sister is a rape survivor.

3. I was ALMOST raped on two separate occasions.

4. My best friend has been raped more than once.

IN ALL BUT ONE OF THESE CASES IT WAS BY PEOPLE WE TRUSTED!

If you think you don't know any rape victims it is only because women have not yet trusted you with their stories. The rapists are your fathers, brothers, and sons.

Do not tell me it is not MY (fill-in-the-blank). It most likely is, because RAPE HAS BEEN NORMALIZED. Please wrap your head around that. It is not a guy jumping out of the shadows (most of the time). It is "guys just being guys."

Don't tell me to put "pragmatism before emotion." We are half the human race and we are not going to sit silently by while rapists get rewarded and women have to grin and put up with it.

I will NOT vote for ANYONE who promotes rape culture. Never. Not for any reason.

On edit: corrected for clarity. I am angry and typed some stuff out wrong.
    volstork (2,924 posts)

4. Wish I could rec 1000x

"We are half the human race and we are not going to sit silently by while rapists get rewarded and women have to grin and put up with it."

I'm so sick of this shit, and of how clueless men who are NOT rapists or violent are about rape culture.
    llmart (5,938 posts)

6. I would like to add two things.

Not just rape, but attempted rape also. Tie that sucker around Brett's neck every chance we get.

Also, I believe women are more than half the human race in the U.S.
    Coventina (18,175 posts)

9. True. Attempting rape is a rapist who didn't succeed THAT PARTICULAR TIME.

They are still a rapist.
    It wasn't good enough for the jack*ss party to trivialize 'racism' by claiming that all conservatives were/are 'racist, twisting the definition to include anything they declared it to be, and using lies and false accusations for political gain.

Now they are doing the exact same thing with accusations of 'rape'.

OhNo-Really (1,695 posts)

17. In Caifornia, it is still rape by definition. He could have smoothered Christine!
    Haggis for Breakfast (1,351 posts)

48. The fact that he PUT HIS HAND OVER HER MOUTH

to muffle her screams, tells me everything I need to know about him.

Then AND now.
    She doesn't know WHERE it happened, WHEN it happened, HOW she got there, or how she GOT HOME. NO ONE that was supposedly there, including her friend corroborated her story. She changed her 'story' several times. She lied about when and why the second door was added to her home. She was surrounded by Democrat operatives.

It's debatable if she was 'credible' but it is NOT DEBATABLE whether she was believable in accusing Kavanaugh.

wasupaloopa (2,023 posts)

11. The rapists are not my father, not my brothers, not me and I have no sons.

Stop broad brushing all men!

Rape is a terrible thing to have happen to you but all men and most men are not rapists!

No one has told me they have been raped. I may know someone who has been raped but they have not told me about it.
    Coventina (18,175 posts)

12. I'll stop broad brushing men when they stop raping and enabling rapists. n/t
    And it's been PROVEN that some women LIE about being raped and accuse men of raping them out of hate and spite. I'll stop broad brushing women of lying about rape when they quit lying about being raped and enabling liars who claim they are raped. This is just as legitimate as the above.

No. It is why we have the presumption of innocence and guilt must be proven. She had no credible evidence and Democrats had/have every reason to bring false accusations. Not only that but it is what they do when their power is threatened. And saying it was a 'job interview' so the accusation should have been enough is nothing but Democrat games - if you can ever say accusing someone of attempted rape and rape is a game - for political advantage. They wanted Kavanaugh out and they have shown that they would do ANYTHING to achieve it. Therefore an accusation without corroboration and/or evidence IS NOT enough.

Tumbulu (4,645 posts)

13. Agree!
    hughee99 (15,098 posts)

23. Well said! I am considering refusing to vote for ANY man until

Men stop raping and enabling rapists.

34. You know damn well all men are not rapists

Being truthful is not dramatic
    Coventina (18,175 posts)

46. Actually, I don't damn well know that.

Everything life experience has taught me is that men I never would have imagined being a rapist will attempt rape if they think they can get away with it.

Initech (71,783 posts)

44. The best revenge though? Getting even.

We can make the drunk rapist frat boy bully club irrelevant if we VOTE THEM OUT. And do so in numbers that are too large to manipulate! They must be defeated at all costs!
    The feminazi jack*sses think that their vagina gives them moral superiority and power and they DEMAND everyone buy into that delusion. There are many women who are critical thinkers who do not agree.
    Last edited by Carol; 10-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Coventina (18,175 posts)
    I'm not going to stop being angry about Brett K and here is why:

1. My mother (now dead) was a rape survivor.

2. My sister is a rape survivor.

3. I was ALMOST raped on two separate occasions.

4. My best friend has been raped more than once.
    Was a police report filed in any of these instances?

let me back up one step and ask, what is your definition of rape?
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Was a police report filed in any of these instances?

let me back up one step and ask, what is your definition of rape?
    It is possible to have multiple rape survivors in one's family (or among one's circle of friends) and to have not had those rapes reported. An example: I know a family in which two of the sisters were raped as pre-teens by the same neighbor. This man raped multiple teen and pre-teen girls in the neighborhood. No reports were made by any of the victims--of course this was the early 1960s and no one believed these girls. Those young women went through hell and the rapist got to die in his own bed.

Rape and sexual assault are far more common than we realize and the FBI numbers of "reported rapes" are low, in my opinion. As a woman, I have been privy to a significant number of rape stories by friends who were traumatized. Some were reported, but those that occur in the family circle are typically not, perhaps because the rape occurs when the girl is underage.

I can believe the OP for that reason. As a woman whose friends confide in her, I also have more reason than most to think that the number of reported rapes are significantly less than the number of rapes that actually occur.

However, that being said, Christine Blasey-Ford FALSELY accused Brett Kavanaugh of rape. It is clear that the details do not pan out, the witnesses utterly deny the story, and that Kavanaugh's adult life behavior--as well as his 6 previous FBI background investigations--has been free of such behavior. (The propensity for sexual assault does not stop when a guy gets out of his teens.)

Blasey-Ford's behavior, on the other hand, is sketchy, if not totally unreliable. She clearly lied about her fear of flying and the date of her home renovation (with the second door). Both of these are and were easily researched and debunked. Starting out with major lies about fairly recent events does not give confidence in her current testimony. There were also the heavily political circumstances of the accusation, including the timing and the involvement of present and former FBI agents.

Finally, there is Blasey-Ford's performance in front of the Senate: a PhD candidate who worked with victims of trauma not understanding what "exculpatory" evidence was, talking like a child, acting helpless, and, most bizarrely, making multiple requests for her "caffeine." One of these "caffeine" infusions involved a cup of coffee procured by Corey Booker and passed to Blasey-Ford, who opened a packet (presumably of sugar), poured it in her coffee but did not stir it. Her male lawyer (to her left, our right) reminds her to stir her coffee. Why would he do that? She's a grown woman. To make matters even more bizarre, when Blasey-Ford does not stir her coffee, the female lawyer (Katz) to her right (our left) STIRS IT FOR HER. What the hell is this all about?

When your testimony is unverifiable, your character is unreliable and your behavior bizarre, you cannot say that people are refusing to believe you because they are "rape-enablers." They are refusing to believe you because there is nothing they can logically string together that makes any sense and your behavior is setting off alarm bells.

11. The rapists are not my father, not my brothers, not me and I have no sons.

Stop broad brushing all men!
    It took 11 responses for someone to call out the OP's and other DUpipo's bigotry. The men in those bigots' lives - husbands, BFs, sons, brothers, nephews, grandsons - need the "blessing" of being falsely accused of sexual assault!

And this misandrist needs to be made the "face" of the feminazis and D Party:

Coventina (18,175 posts)

12. I'll stop broad brushing men when they stop raping and enabling rapists. n/t
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Half the jerkazoids at Du have been angry since November 1968.

Some of them have been angry since November 1980.

others have been angry since 2000 on.

Do something different, try not being angry, pissed off, or upset till November ... the rest of us need a break from your bitching.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Democrats NEED women and men to hate each other. They need a victim or else their party will cease to exist.