1. #1 Hillary Clinton: You 'cannot be civil' with Republicans, Democrats need to be 'toughe 
    link

LovingA2andMI (4,398 posts) Hillary Clinton: You 'cannot be civil' with Republicans, Democrats need to be 'tougher'

Source: USA Today

WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton says the time for civility is over.

After the bitter and partisan fight over the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the former secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate declared that President Donald Trump has undermined the integrity of the nation's highest court and that it's time for Democrats to be "tougher" with their opponents, in an interview with CNN published Tuesday

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

Clinton said that Senate Republicans under Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., "demeaned the confirmation process" and "insulted and attacked" Christine Blasey Ford – who testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee about a sexual assault she alleges Kavanaugh committed in 1982 – along with other "women who were speaking out."

Clinton compared the handling of Kavanaugh's confirmation to "Republican operatives shutting down the voting in 2000," the "swift-boating of John Kerry," attacks on former Arizona Sen. John McCain in the 2000 Republican primary and "what they did to me for 25 years."

"When you're dealing with an ideological party that is driven by the lust for power, that is funded by corporate interests who want a government that does its bidding, you can be civil but you can't overcome what they intend to do unless you win elections," she told Amanpour.

Clinton compared Kavanaugh's swearing-in ceremony at the White House on Monday to a "political rally" that "further undermined the image and integrity of the court."

She told Amanpour the effect on the court "troubles" and "saddens" her "because our judicial system has been viewed as one of the main pillars of our constitutional government."

"But the President's been true to form," Clinton added. "He has insulted, attacked, demeaned women throughout the campaign – really for many years leading up to the campaign. And he's continued to do that inside the White House."

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ew/1578636002/

SHE 1000% RIGHT. This...Is....War until we gain the POWER BACK!

oneshooter (8,409 posts)
    41. Are you advocating for and/or calling for violence ?
    Power 2 the People (868 posts)

44. Absolutely not.

The OP stated "SHE 1000% RIGHT. This...Is....War until we gain the POWER BACK!"

I say the war against these Republican SOBs must continue AFTER we win back power also. We must stomp out all of their dishonesty and greedy accomplishments of the last 30 years. They declared war on the middle class,working class and the poor starting with Reagan. Up to this point they have succeeded. It's time to turn the tables and not take our foot off the gas until the right wing fraud is totally exposed and the power is returned to the people,not the corporations.

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Martin Luther King, Jr. would be ashamed and angry with the Democrat Party who first and foremost defines people by their skin color.

LiberalLovinLug (8,378 posts)

47. You are 100% right!!

Hillary is only half right.
    "if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

What?? Has she learned nothing? If she thinks Republicans are going to suddenly change their spots ESPECIALLY if they see their power slipping if they do lose the House, Ill have what she's having. Democrats should immediately re-start a more thorough investigation of Kavanaugh, as Jerrold Nadler is suggesting. Which may bring up enough to impeach or even cause him to be disbarred. And THAT kind of action will not be seen as "civil" to Republicans.

Trumpism is not going to go away. Trump himself will be perpetually tweeting and rallying his followers. His cult will continue. InfoWars will continue. Stormfront will continue. Lies and phony conspiracy theories will continue. Fox News will continue.

None of those things will stop and suddenly play by "civil" rules.

Not only is this a terrible message for Democratic politicians, but for the average rank and file. It is a part of the problem we have already. That one part victory, (Obama as President) means we can all relax and hope civility is enough to defeat a rising, huge monster who is only going to get bigger and more powerful with even more conservative media monopolies like Sinclair taking over our airwaves.
    I'm sure 'civility' to the Hillyb*tch when Democrats have the majority is nothing like the real definition of 'civility'.
    roamer65 (15,100 posts)

16. It's war even after we gain power again.

They are going to obstruct and fight even harder. We need to be firm and unwavering when we take power.

First thing we do is kill the filibuster completely. GONE. Second we stack the SCOTUS with 13 justices.
    Naturally. It's OK for Democrats to "obstruct and resist", but NOT Republicans.

LiberalLovinLug (8,378 posts)

49. I think if it is explained properly, most would side with that decision

How the Republicans stole two seats. That they were only making up for, and balancing the court to closer to what it should have been. (Actually it would have been a majority of D appointed)

But you are right, no way because it means a 2/3 vote. Not to mention the lack of an appetite for fighting "dirty" by top Democrats.
    Right. Jack*sses are ENTITLED, therefore Republicans 'stole' those Supreme Court Seats. And if 'explained right' everyone will agree.
    certainot (4,744 posts)
    17. the first part of offense on cons is rw radio because it's the

only medium they completely own - so it's the best point for offense

Artificial intelligence will force ad industry to kill RW radio. Dems can accelerate the process.
    Right. When you cannot win at the ballot box make sure that the opposition doesn't have a platform to discuss their beliefs and do outreach to other who might agree.

certainot (4,744 posts)

19. reading some of the other comments, we're doomed

the only advantage these cons have is RW radio. every other medium is challenged and the right has convinced the idiot left that 95% of the americans that listen to talk radio prefer RW talk radio - they just love the lies and ignorance and hate

limbaugh just kicked the crap out of dr ford the way he did anita hill and the left is too fucking stupid and music-centric to recognize it - 30 years later it's exactly the same

dear left, respectfully, you're a fucking idiot
    Fatemah2774 (168 posts)

39. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine

Allowing equal opportunity and time to different viewpoints.

Bingo RW radio and Fox news will be challenged and maybe even stifled

Hillary is right...we can disagree but we must agree on fighting back and I say with more vigor and tenacity than in years past.

Just my thoughts IMHO
    Jack*sses have the schools, universities, 90% of the media, and Hollywood and they still can't win every time so they DEMAND that more be done to not allow conservative beliefs to be discusses. That is what Facebook, Twitter, and Google is all about. They were outed about the IRS so they just found another way to do it.

BigDemVoter (2,710 posts)

38. Excellent point.

That is the Dems BIGGEST error. . . Repigs don't fight fair and never have. They lie and fight dirty. It's goddamned time Dems quit trying to be nice and start bringing a gun to a knife fight instead of a fucking spoon.
    maxrandb (8,376 posts)

40. My God! Even Hillary still doesn't get it

This line right here is complete and total bullshit!

Clinton told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

I'm sorry madam president, but that is wrong. If we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when "an eye for a fucking eye" needs to "start".

I don't want Democrats to be civil until we've carved out the entire Donnie Fungus Dick misadministration with a chainsaw!

I don't want to be civil, until we've buried Retrumplicanism 100 feet below 40 foot steel reinforced concrete and have salted the ground above.

I don't want to be civil until fucking Russian traitors are serving life sentences in Leavenworth.

I don't want to be civil until I can turn on my radio and NOT HEAR ONE SINGLE FUCKING REICH WING TALKER SPEWING RACIST HATEFUL SHIT OUT OF MY SPEAKERS

I don't want to be civil until we've stomped out every reich wing nut job at the FBI and the Justice Department, and added six more justices to the Supreme Court, and I mean Justices that will cause Lindsey Graham to have a fatal attack of the "vapors".

I don't want to be civil until we've ridden our courts OF EVERY GOD DAMNED FEDERALIST SOCIETY FUCKTWIT.

I don't want to win another "majority" and then listen to dumbfucks in the MSM tell me that it's "time to heal". We win the House and Senate, it's NOT a time for "civility"...it's a time for vengeance!
    That's the Democrat Party in one post. Entitled Jack*sses who demand that the opposition party be totally destroyed because they threaten their SUPREMACY and POWER.

They are determined that they either destroy the Republican party if they gain control of the Government or there will be a civil war. They have made it clear that there is no place for any other party than the Democrat Party. Either the Democrat Party reigns supreme or they will destroy anyone who stands in the way of it.

This coulda been TheMasterNematode's shining moment ... alas ...
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Someone should tell the spazoids at DU that 1984 was a warning to the Western World, not an instruction manual.

Censorship, no due process , one party rule, smell like teen Fascsism.

m to me.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 10-10-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    My I'm shaking in my boots, I just returned from Baton Rouge and no one called me an old white MF, this is happening in their little protected spaces with corrupt elected officials but that will stop soon as innocent people are killed by these ass wipes, Trump won't hesitate to send in federal troops if that should happen, and he won't be asking that ass wipe mayor for permission, that bastard should be under citizens arrest for endangering tax payers lives

Hillary should be more concerned about who her husband is spending his sack time with than worrying about what the Republicans are up to.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

oneshooter (8,409 posts)
    41. Are you advocating for and/or calling for violence ?
    Sure sounds like you are to me.

44. Absolutely not.

The OP stated "SHE 1000% RIGHT. This...Is....War until we gain the POWER BACK!"

I say the war against these Republican SOBs must continue AFTER we win back power also. We must stomp out all of their dishonesty and greedy accomplishments of the last 30 years. They declared war on the middle class,working class and the poor starting with Reagan. Up to this point they have succeeded. It's time to turn the tables and not take our foot off the gas until the right wing fraud is totally exposed and the power is returned to the people,not the corporations.

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    maxrandb (8,376 posts)

40. My God! Even Hillary still doesn't get it

This line right here is complete and total bullshit!

Clinton told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

I'm sorry madam president, but that is wrong. If we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when "an eye for a fucking eye" needs to "start".

I don't want Democrats to be civil until we've carved out the entire Donnie Fungus Dick misadministration with a chainsaw!

I don't want to be civil, until we've buried Retrumplicanism 100 feet below 40 foot steel reinforced concrete and have salted the ground above.

I don't want to be civil until fucking Russian traitors are serving life sentences in Leavenworth.

I don't want to be civil until I can turn on my radio and NOT HEAR ONE SINGLE FUCKING REICH WING TALKER SPEWING RACIST HATEFUL SHIT OUT OF MY SPEAKERS

I don't want to be civil until we've stomped out every reich wing nut job at the FBI and the Justice Department, and added six more justices to the Supreme Court, and I mean Justices that will cause Lindsey Graham to have a fatal attack of the "vapors".

I don't want to be civil until we've ridden our courts OF EVERY GOD DAMNED FEDERALIST SOCIETY FUCKTWIT.

I don't want to win another "majority" and then listen to dumbfucks in the MSM tell me that it's "time to heal". We win the House and Senate, it's NOT a time for "civility"...it's a time for vengeance!
    How do you expect to do all of this if you aren't advocating violence? How many of you DUmmies are just one step away from shooting up a congressional softball game, or worse?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    And now Holder has further echoed this crap...

Thought we were supposed to be civil after Senator McCain's funeral? That clearly didn't last
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender