Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    And another event that will affect polls.

Dems Agree To Confirm 15 Federal Judges In Deal That Lets Them Go Home To Campaign For Midterms

Senate Democrats accepted an offer from Senate Republicans to confirm 15 lifetime federal judges on Thursday in exchange for agreeing to go into recess through the midterms so endangered Democrats can campaign

After senators weighed the package of three Circuit Court judges and 12 District Court judges on Thursday afternoon, they agreed to the demand from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to confirm roughly the number of judges he could confirm between now and the election if he kept the Senate in continuously. A half-dozen vulnerable Democrats and a pair of at-risk Senate Republicans are eager to go home for the election.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and his caucus will likely endure some liberal criticism for accepting the deal, but Senate Democrats have privately argued itís in the partyís best interest to allow quick confirmation of judges in order to let endangered red state senators go home and campaign.
    Although this is another win for us, I'd love to see the Senate stay in session. That only hurts the left more then it does us.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If things keep going the way it is now, we could see a 52 or 53 seat total. Maybe if we get really lucky 54. I would say 52 is looking very good right now.
    It's looking now that the Republicans will end up with between 50 and 56 seats with the most likely scenarios being in that 52-54 range, so definitely agree with that. Still, awhile to go though.

It's also looking increasingly likely that the Republicans will keep the House. It's all trending that way. The Democrats will pick up some seats in the House, but right now it looks like they will fall short of overtaking it. Still, a long way to go until Election Day though, so anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post

It's also looking increasingly likely that the Republicans will keep the House. It's all trending that way. The Democrats will pick up some seats in the House, but right now it looks like they will fall short of overtaking it. Still, a long way to go until Election Day though, so anything can happen.
    As I said previously, the true picture of the house is unclear. It's a best guess situation. I would put it more 50/50 on the house with growing signs of improvement. By no means should we consider it safe and thus no need to get out the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    As I said previously, the true picture of the house is unclear. It's a best guess situation. I would put it more 50/50 on the house with growing signs of improvement. By no means should we consider it safe and thus no need to get out the support.
    Very true. There is a lack of polling data in house races, but a majority of the few swing races that have been polled recently, seem to be moving red. Good signs, but far from certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Very true. There is a lack of polling data in house races, but a majority of the few swing races that have been polled recently, seem to be moving red. Good signs, but far from certain.
    I'll also say this too.

Should the left fail in retaking the House, it will be grab the beer and popcorn time. The left will eat each other alive. Accusations for all, and will likely end with Princes Pelosi being removed as Minority Speaker and her announcing her retirement opposed to going back to a nobody in her party.