1. #1 Race Card for Dummies. 
    Name some of the most ridiculous uses of the race card. Be specific. I got to thinking about this in the thread about the XBox 360. The race baiters were offended that the new Resident Evil game, which is set in Africa, has a white agent killing black zombies. The idea of this thread was cemented last night while watching Gremlins (my wife thinks it's a Christmas movie). The following has to be the lamest attepmt I can think of of playing the race card, but I'm sure you can remember some just as bad.

from Wiki.
    Despite its critical acclaim and popular success, Gremlins has been criticized as culturally insensitive. Some observers have commented that the film presents gremlins as African Americans,[13] and in an unflattering manner. At the time of its release, some members of the African American community protested that the film was racist. These critics suggested that the creatures exhibit some of the worst stereotypical behavior attributed to blacks: wild, drunken, violent, murderous, seductive and lascivious. In Ceramic Uncles & Celluloid Mammies, Patricia Turner writes that the gremlins "reflect negative African-American stereotypes" in their dress and behavior. They are shown "devouring fried chicken with their hands", listening to black music, breakdancing, and wearing sunglasses after dark and big-apple slouch hats, a style common among African American males in the 1980s.[22]
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Patent Member
    Another great one

A comment about Dallas County's central collection system for tickets ignited a controversy when Judge Thomas Jones claimed Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield's phrase about a "black hole" was racially insensitive.

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Banned
    Actually, the Gremlins struck me more as a metaphor for Mexicans. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Actually, the Gremlins struck me more as a metaphor for Mexicans. :D
    Yeah, sometimes I think they multiply with water.;):D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I think they multiply with water.;):D
    How can that be? they dont bathe that much to account for all the kids they have :D (sorry could not resist)

My personal favorite

Washington, DC's black Mayor, Anthony Williams, gladly accepted the resignation of his white staff member, David Howard, because Mr. Howard uttered the word 'niggardly' in a private staff meeting.

Webster's Tenth Edition defines the word 'niggardly' to "grudgingly mean about spending or granting". The Barnhard Dictionary of Etymology traces the origins of 'niggardly' to the 1300's, and to the words 'nig' and 'ignon', meaning "miser" in Middle English. No where in any of these references is any mention of racial connotations associated with the word 'niggardly'.

In other words, it's a perfectly good and useful word. But there is the unfortunate coincidence that it starts with the same four letters as the word "******". The news media are so loathe to use the "N" word, that they've been substituting the phrase "racial slur", as in "...they mistook the word 'niggardly' for a racial slur..."

Washington, DC's population is 60% black, and it's citizens have been very critical of Mayor Williams for "not being black enough" -- especially because he hired several well-qualified whites to help him run this troubled city.

Racial intolerance, ignorance, and misplaced political correctness have cost a white mayoral aide his job in Washington, DC. And, as many of the other stories on Adversity.Net clearly illustrate, the "niggardly" controversy is only the tip of the "intolerance iceberg".

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis