Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So now the left is bringing up how someone was in 3rd grade?
    That's why I thought it was hilarious. Heard it mentioned on the highly recommended overnight RedEye Radio podcast this morning.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So now the left is bringing up how someone was in 3rd grade?
    Mercy! What next ...

At what age they were potty trained and finally out of diapers?

You never can tell, might just indicate a future slow learner or at least someone with poor motor skills!

American By Choice ~ 1980

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Will they throw him under the bus or stick with him?
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    That was Stephen Miller at 8. I was always trying to get him to clean up his desk
    Show me a kid in the Second grade who is neat. I'll show you a kid who was potty trained WAY too early in life and will spend a lifetime in counseling.

we didn't have glue sticks in those days
    Didn't have glue sticks in 1993?

I remember them when I was in elementary school back in 1982.

At the end of the year, I wrote all my concerns — and I had a lot of them — in his school record.
    I'm not sure that is even legal.

When the school principal had a conference with Stephen's parents, the parents were horrified. So the principal took some white-out and blanked out all my comments. I wish I could remember what I wrote, but this was 25 years ago.
    And from FERPA information site.

However, while the FERPA amendment procedure may be used to challenge facts that are inaccurately recorded, it may not be used to challenge a grade, an opinion, or a substantive decision made by a school about a student.
    And, this "Teacher" would be breaking the law if they disclosed anything in that file.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Was going over a blog I occasionally follow by Anne Althouse. A former teacher and lawyer in Wisconsin.

She had this to say about this article.

Teachers want us to believe that they love children and care for and support them. They have — through the compulsion of the state — the opportunity to observe them and interact with them for long hours and many days in their formative years. To trust teachers in that role, we need to believe that if they saw that our child was a loner and isolated and off by himself all the time, their heart would go out to our poor little child, and they'd talk with us and try to help. Or maybe we would wonder whether the teacher understands psychological diversity. Why is she tagging our child as "a loner" rather than appreciating the introvert or trying to figure out if there's some unseen burden making the child withdrawn? The teacher shouldn't be like another one of the children, who decide that a kid is a weirdo and shun him. But imagine a teacher who remembers the children she thought about as a weirdo, waited decades, and when that fellow human being achieved some success in his adult life, she wrote a newspaper column to tell the world "He was a loner and isolated and off by himself all the time."

This is Nikki Fiske, Stephen Miller's Third-Grade Teacher. Stephen Miller is a Trump political adviser. Maybe Nikki Fiske was lured into "writing" this article. I put "writing" in quotes because the byline is "Nikki Fiske, as told to Benjamin Svetkey." I hope she's dreadfully sorry at her terrible breach of a teacher's moral responsibility toward a child. I was a teacher for more than 30 years, and my students were all adults, but I have never — in all the tens of thousands of blog posts I've dashed off and published impulsively — even considered naming one of my students and saying something negative I thought I observed about their personality.

I lasted as a teacher for one year and a quarter. I was so appalled at the immaturity of many of my fellow teachers (and I was only 21 at the time) that I left the wonderful world of education for the more reasonable world of business. What that teacher did doesn't surprise me at all. From my experience many teachers are of the liberal persuasion and wouldn't hesitate dissing a conservative. There are some really good teachers out there, but she isn't one of them.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

So it took a kid who 'ate' paste in the 3rd Grade to remind Jim Acosta that the 'Statue Of Liberty quote' wasn't added till 1903.

As if Bartholdi knew, in 1883, his sculpture wasn't supposed to be a symbol of July 4, 1776, even though he carved that date on 'her' tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I lasted as a teacher for one year and a quarter. I was so appalled at the immaturity of many of my fellow teachers (and I was only 21 at the time) that I left the wonderful world of education for the more reasonable world of business. What that teacher did doesn't surprise me at all. From my experience many teachers are of the liberal persuasion and wouldn't hesitate dissing a conservative. There are some really good teachers out there, but she isn't one of them.
    If, like me, his withdrawing was an avoidance response to bullies, she made herself one with this article. Regardless, if asked about the article he should say that it isn't worthy of a response.
    Last edited by SVPete; 10-12-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/teache...been-suspended

The teacher who claimed this week that controversial White House aide Stephen Miller ate glue as a kid has been suspended from her job.
    That sentence is pretty much the only news in this TDB article. She should be canned, but I won't be holding my breath.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    At lunch after a morning of professional development where, like so many other PDs I've been to, teachers act amazingly similar to students they complain about when put into a desk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!