Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Where have all the "Christians" gone ... 
    link

NanceGreggs (24,040 posts)

Where have all the "Christians" gone ...

… long time passing? Where have all the Christians gone, long time ago?

Where have all the Christians gone? Gone to Trump-humpers, every one. Oh, when will they ever learn?"

Well, folks, it seems obvious that those self-declared “good Christians” have abandoned their much-touted principles – assuming they ever had such principles in the first place – in order to worship the lying, pussy-grabbing Orange Calf who represents everything they once pretended to abhor.

A self-proclaimed pussy-grabber is now their idol. A man who has lied, cheated, and stolen from hard-working Americans has now replaced The Nazareen, who admonished his followers to care for the hungry, the sick, and the homeless.

Those “good Christians” who once touted their adherence to Jesus’ teachings are now fully supporting a “pResident”, and a party, that ignores those teachings when politically convenient – and what “convenience” they expect in return is anybody’s guess.

Where are the “Christians” who once abhorred bearing false witness when this “pResident” lies on a daily basis, and seeks revenge against those who oppose him?

Where are the “Christians” who have endlessly bragged about their superior morals, their unwavering adherence to Christ’s authority over their lives, their immovable stand against those who choose to ignore the very principles that Jesus himself set out in no uncertain terms?

Gone to Trump-humpers, every one.

Oh, when will they ever learn? Apparently never, because today’s so-called “Christians” have now shown themselves to be no more interested in their religious beliefs than they’re interested in their country or the well-being of their fellow man.

Message received, “good Christians” – and fully noted.
    Easy. The 'good Christians' took a critical look at the so called 'pussy grabber' (who didn't admit to actually grabbing anyone's 'pussy', just that there were women who were so enamored with wealthy influential men that they'd allow it for the prestige or pay day), and then they took a good critical look at Hillary Clinton and Democrats.

And the corrupt Democrats with their liberal agenda and their unborn baby killing sacrament came up MUCH WORSE than an immoral man who had conservative beliefs.

It's LAUGHABLE that the Jack*ss Party thinks that Christians should vote for Democrats, who they do not agree with on MANY IMPORTANT issues BECAUSE they don't agree with President Trumps morals.

Arrogant, narcissistic idiots.

NanceGreggs (24,040 posts)

9. I appreciate that.

But here's the problem: I don't see those who purport to be "true Christians" denouncing those who have hijacked their religion.

I don't see "true Christians" marching in the street in order to counter the hypocrites who are preaching the opposite of Christ's teachings.

I don't see "true Christians" fighting to overthrow those who are wrongfully representing what Christianity means, and the principles it stands for.

In times like these, "turning the other cheek" is not a demonstration of holier-than-thou virtue - it is a sign of go-along-to-get-along cowardice.

If anyone has a righteous motive to fight back against the faux-Christians, it's the real Christians - and their collective silence is deafening.
    Right. "True Christians" are those that believe abortion on demand is a sacrament that must be allowed, that homosexuality is just another normal lifestyle (ignore the fact the bible says it's a sin), that one doesn't have to obey the laws of our country if one doesn't agree with them (deporting illegal aliens IS NOT against God's laws), and that there really isn't any such thing as 'sin' that should be avoided, and those who vote Democrat. /s

Leftists try to shame Republicans/conservatives because we DO have morals. Democrats have NO MORALS, or ever changing morals that justify whatever they say, do or believe, so they think they can do and say whatever they want without being held to account for it.

Just what I need, some drunk off her old ass Canadian telling me about my religion and what I should and shouldn’t be doing. Replace the word “Christian” in your post with the word “Muslim” and then read it back to me, Nance.

True Christians don't march through the streets to protest anything. It's not in the teaching of Christ. Followers of Jesus are taught to live in the world but not be part of the world. Christians are to be an alternative to worldly behavior, not to be influenced by culture but to influence culture by living humbly and peacefully.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    So Nance is back to attacking "True Christians"
    and Trump!!!??? Who a thunk it????

LOL!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew .......

NG's familiarity with Christians is as distant as her relationship with distilled spirits is intimate.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

There are so many different branches of Christianity that it is ridiculous to think that one branch should confront the other about politics. About criminal matters or other ethical issues, such as the priest abuse scandal, fraud committed by pastors/televangelists, cultish practices, spiritual abuse of members, etc., the church should be critical of those situations. But politics?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There are so many different branches of Christianity that it is ridiculous to think that one branch should confront the other about politics. About criminal matters or other ethical issues, such as the priest abuse scandal, fraud committed by pastors/televangelists, cultish practices, spiritual abuse of members, etc., the church should be critical of those situations. But politics?
    I have no problems with reasonable-length comments on political issues that intersect with Biblical moral matters (e.g. same-sex "marriage", abortion). But candidates and political policies, no. And, frankly, in the nearly 60 years in Evangelical churches that I can remember (not many memories from age 3 or 5), I never have heard a pastor go beyond what I think appropriate. Other than a few years in charismatic start-up congregations, those decades have been in well-established, in-the-public-eye congregations. DUpipo have little or no real-world experience with Evangelicals, an ignorance that leaves plenty of room for their chimeric fantasies of what Evangelical churches are like (I think it would take 6 or more months of being up close and personal for many DUpipo to realize that they are experiencing real Evangelical church life rather than some sort of Potemkin-Village-for-Newcomers thingy).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

8. #8 She's just getting her ego stroked 
    Another outburst of righteous indignation that she knows will generate the usual chorus of "oohs" and "aahs" from the trained seal brigade.
    Support diversity. Own firearms of every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I have no problems with reasonable-length comments on political issues that intersect with Biblical moral matters (e.g. same-sex "marriage", abortion). But candidates and political policies, no. And, frankly, in the nearly 60 years in Evangelical churches that I can remember (not many memories from age 3 or 5), I never have heard a pastor go beyond what I think appropriate. Other than a few years in charismatic start-up congregations, those decades have been in well-established, in-the-public-eye congregations. DUpipo have little or no real-world experience with Evangelicals, an ignorance that leaves plenty of room for their chimeric fantasies of what Evangelical churches are like (I think it would take 6 or more months of being up close and personal for many DUpipo to realize that they are experiencing real Evangelical church life rather than some sort of Potemkin-Village-for-Newcomers thingy).
    I used to be a member of a Unity church in which Marianne Williamson was the pastor for a time. She endorsed Dennis Kucinich from the pulpit in 2004. That really irritated me, that she would risk the church's tax exempt status like that.

The weekend after 9-11, several politicians attended services (it was a very large congregation at the time)-Senators Levin and Stabenow, Rep. Bonior, then AG Granholm, etc. That was different, and conservative pols were attending conservative churches that Sunday. That was more about serving the people and showing confidence to people who were scared than it was about any kind of endorsements. AG Granholm came to the church another time to address the congregation, but that was to recruit people for a volunteer initiative she was launching regarding mentoring at-risk kids.

My mom's extremely liberal church annoys me a great deal, but her pastor never crossed the line and endorsed any candidates.

So, Nance is encouraging Christians to get vocal, take to the streets, wave signs, stand in front of....
    Planned Parenthood offices
    Abortion clinics
    GLAAD offices
    Individual churches as well as denominations who are performing same sex marriages, ordaining active homosexuals, encouraging illegal immigration among other things I can't think of off the top of my head
    Companies and universities that are encouraging LGBTQXYZBS, gender fluidity, and other gender confusions
    Boy Scouts of America until they go back to being a male only organization and refuse to allow homosexual leaders?

Glad we have your support, Nance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!