Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Santa Goes Green. 
    Children's Book Depicts Santa Fighting Global Warming

'Santa Goes Green' pushes eco-agenda with story of boy who forgoes toys to save polar bear habitat.

By Jeff Poor
    Business & Media Institute
    December 22, 2008

’Tis the season … to be green. No, not even the traditions of Christmas are immune to the efforts of global warming activism.

No, it’s not Al Gore’s, “How Greenhouse Gases Stole Christmas,” but a children’s story is pushing a similar green agenda. The recently published book by Anne Margaret Lewis called “Santa Goes Green” is about a boy who writes Santa and asks him to help raise awareness about global warming so that his adopted polar bear won’t lose its home.

“You see, it’s like this Santa,” the book reads. “I’ve adopted a polar bear named Leopold. He is in danger of losing his home. I’m sure you being in the North Pole you know about the melting glaciers. All I want this year Santa, is to save Leopold and his home.”

Santa Claus visits the boy, takes him to see the polar bear and then in a moment of eco-awakening, he makes his operations at the North Pole green.

“They arrived back at the North Pole and Santa had a grand idea,” the book reads. “He leaned in toward Swift [the head elf] and told him his new plan. ‘We will collect all of the old toys, Swift, and make them new again. We will reuse last year’s wrapping paper. And we will harness the great North Pole wind to help power up the toy shop.’”

For those tempted to purchase the book, a preview is available on the publisher’s Web site.
    Words Fail.

Agitprop for tots

Oh my God can I please throw up? Thats green too.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

It doesn't get any "Greener" than Reindeer.

Al Gore could learn from this if he would stop travelling the globe in his fleet of aircraft for his self aggrandizing and self promoting FAKE cause. He could also park his SUV's.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Does this stupid story tell the kids about how many MORE polar bears there are when the weather warms and food is abundant?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Does this stupid story tell the kids about how many MORE polar bears there are when the weather warms and food is abundant?
    On the upside, seals won't need as much Ice space due to the decimation of their population.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    On the upside, seals won't need as much Ice space due to the decimation of their population.
    And who is going to protect the seals from the protected polar bears????? :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    But... but... Polar bears live on icebergs! Didn't you see that news photo that proved it? I think Algore said so, too.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Next thing you know Santa will be using flying magic polar bears for his sleigh...and Rudolf will have a green nose.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    But... but... Polar bears live on icebergs! Didn't you see that news photo that proved it? I think Algore said so, too.
    Al gore is an idiot and he has the Nobel prize to prove it. They only give those to idiots now a days.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians!