Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Baal,The God of Liberalism the Half-Bull, Half-Man 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The gods of liberalism

Absolutely fascinating: The principal pillars of Baalism were 1) child sacrifice, 2) sexual immorality (both heterosexual and homosexual), and 3) pantheism (reverence of creation over the Creator).Wow! Hits the nail right on the head . . .

Modern-day liberals – or "progressives" as they more discreetly prefer – labor under an awkward misconception; namely, that there is anything remotely "progressive" about the fundamental canons of their blind, secular-humanist faith. In fact, today's liberalism is largely a sanitized retread of an antiquated mythology – one that significantly predates the only truly progressive movement: biblical Christianity.

While visiting the Rivermont Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Lynchburg, Va., a few weeks back, I heard a troubling, albeit thought-provoking, sermon. Pastor John Mabray addressed the ancient Canaanite practice of Baal worship and, though he didn't reveal it by name, connected the dots to its present-day progeny: liberalism. Baal, the half-bull, half-man god of fertility, was the focal point of pagan idolatry in Semitic Israel until God revealed His monotheistic nature to Judaism's forebears.

In his sermon, Pastor Mabray illustrated that, although they've now assumed a more contemporary flair, the fundamentals of Baal worship remain alive and well today. The principal pillars of Baalism were child sacrifice, sexual immorality (both heterosexual and homosexual) and pantheism (reverence of creation over the Creator).

Ritualistic Baal worship, in sum, looked a little like this: Adults would gather around the altar of Baal. Infants would then be burned alive as a sacrificial offering to the deity. Amid horrific screams and the stench of charred human flesh, congregants – men and women alike – would engage in bisexual orgies. The ritual of convenience was intended to produce economic prosperity by prompting Baal to bring rain for the fertility of "mother earth."

The natural consequences of such behavior – pregnancy and childbirth – and the associated financial burdens of "unplanned parenthood" were easily offset. One could either choose to engage in homosexual conduct or – with child sacrifice available on demand – could simply take part in another fertility ceremony to "terminate" the unwanted child.

Modern liberalism deviates little from its ancient predecessor. While its macabre rituals have been sanitized with flowery and euphemistic terms of art, its core tenets and practices remain eerily similar. The worship of "fertility" has been replaced with worship of "reproductive freedom" or "choice." Child sacrifice via burnt offering has been updated, ever so slightly, to become child sacrifice by way of abortion. The ritualistic promotion, practice and celebration of both heterosexual and homosexual immorality and promiscuity have been carefully whitewashed – yet wholeheartedly embraced – by the cults of radical feminism, militant "gay rights" and "comprehensive sex education." And, the pantheistic worship of "mother earth" has been substituted – in name only – for radical environmentalism.

But it's not just self-styled "progressives" or secular humanists who have adopted the fundamental pillars of Baalism. In these postmodern times, we've also been graced, regrettably, by the advent of counter-biblical "emergent Christianity" or "quasi-Christianity," as I prefer to call it.

This is merely liberalism all dolled up and gratuitously stamped "Christian." It's a way for left-wing ideologues to have their "religion" cake and eat it too. Under the guise of "social justice," its adherents often support – or at least rationalize – the same pro-homosexual, pro-abortion and radical environmental policies pushed by the modern-day Baal worshiper.

Though the "Christian left" represent what is arguably a negligible minority within larger Christianity, the liberal media have, nonetheless, embraced their cause and seized upon their popularity among elites as evidence that the so-called "Christian right" (read: biblical Christianity) is losing influence – that Christianity is, somehow, "catching up with the times."

http://townhall.com/columnists/MattB...t=asc#comments

Banned
    There's simply not enough facepalm in the world for the stupid contained in this article.

Abortion = child sacrifice?! You just have to laugh at this magnanimous stupid... words can't begin to describe it. Perhaps this fool should research the history of abortion within the orthodoxy... it simply wasn't an issue for a very very long time.

Honestly megs.. this article is even crazy for you...

Let's hope the author doesn't call for the same treatment of our fellow countrymen that was inflicted upon the Baalist Canaanites..
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-22-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    There's simply not enough facepalm in the world for the stupid contained in this article.

Abortion = child sacrifice?! You just have to laugh at this magnanimous stupid... words can't begin to describe it. Perhaps this fool should research the history of abortion within the orthodoxy... it simply wasn't an issue for a very very long time.

I thought that you would enjoy and deny it Willie.Your crowd in the Bay area would naturally have to deny and attack this line of thinking.But even you should admit the parallels between today's child murder and the worship of Baal .Would you deny that the killing of a child by removing it live from the womb and plunging scissors into the back of its head is murder ?
    Whats the difference, murder in the Belly of the beast or plunging in the scissors into the brain ? Both are murder most foul !

Sonnabend
    Him?

Funny. I have the same feeling about every single one of your posts. This one is no exception.

Abortion = child sacrifice?!
    Sacrificed on the altar to the gods Me, Myself and I. It's not the baby that's important to cherish and protect; it's the "woman's choice."

You just have to laugh at this magnanimous stupid... words can't begin to describe it. Perhaps this fool should research the history of abortion within the orthodoxy... it simply wasn't an issue for a very very long time.
    It "wasn't an issue" because (a) it wasn't performed often, (b) those that did perform abortions were on the desperate fringe, and (c) when they were performed, it was hidden away.

But your post, Willyboy, is your typical Grade A nincompoopery.

Let's hope the author doesn't call for the same treatment of our fellow countrymen that was inflicted upon the Baalist Canaanites..
    Why would he, pray tell? Why would you even think that even crossed his mind? How braindead are you, Willy, to criticize meg's post for being stupid and then follow that up with your own personal brand of stupidity?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I thought that you would enjoy and deny it Willie.Your crowd in the Bay area would naturally have to deny and attack this line of thinking.But even you should admit the parallels between today's child murder and the worship of Baal .Would you deny that the killing of a child by removing it live from the womb and plunging scissors into the back of its head is murder ?
    Whats the difference, murder in the Belly of the beast or plunging in the scissors into the brain ? Both are murder most foul !

Lets see... ritualistic sacrifice of living, breathing, born children (burned alive) for the sake of a good crop vs early termination of a pregnancy... Yea, those two are EXACTLY the same....

As for environmentalism... it isnt really left wing in nature, nor pantheistic... specific action plans and policies in response to environmental problems can be branded either left wing or right wing, or something else... but environmentalism itself isnt partisan. I know plenty of conservative 'environmentalists' who are very interested in preserving nature... many so that they, their kids, and their grandkids can camp/hunt/fish well into the future. Are they pantheistic? Perhaps you'd like to explain the Pantheistic aspect of Baalism, while we're at it... cause the claim is simply nonsensical. Baalists worshiped some gods of nature, but not nature as god... big difference.

Now that I think on it, the most environmentally preachy teacher I ever had was a right wing catholic nun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Him?

Heh heh, I had the exact same thought when I first read the thread title.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Banned
    As opposed to Obama who is ALL Bull!

Lets see... ritualistic sacrifice of living, breathing, born children (burned alive) for the sake of a good crop vs early termination of a pregnancy... Yea, those two are EXACTLY the same....

As for environmentalism... it isnt really left wing in nature, nor pantheistic... specific action plans and policies in response to environmental problems can be branded either left wing or right wing, or something else... but environmentalism itself isnt partisan. I know plenty of conservative 'environmentalists' who are very interested in preserving nature... many so that they, their kids, and their grandkids can camp/hunt/fish well into the future. Are they pantheistic? Perhaps you'd like to explain the Pantheistic aspect of Baalism, while we're at it... cause the claim is simply nonsensical. Baalists worshiped some gods of nature, but not nature as god... big difference.

Now that I think on it, the most environmentally preachy teacher I ever had was a right wing catholic nun.
    "for the sake of a good crop vs early termination of a pregnancy." ....The intent in the worship of Baal wasn't termination of pregnancy,the child was already born just as the child is born in partial birth abortion .Even the name they gave it is dishonest .The real intent was to murder the child as it is in an abortion .

You are also attempting to disguise the frenzied supporters of the environment above all as just harmless lovers of all things green .Some of these people will go to any extreme to halt all development of new sources of food or energy in this country .They decry coal as being an extreme source of pollution and are equally resist to any development of Nuclear Electric Energy as being unsafe and unneeded .

The Environmental/Liberal/Progressives are blocking any effort to make America energy independent even though we have a great abundance of undeveloped native energy sources .They cry 'Global Warming as an excuse to prevent America from developing and useing energy by claiming that mankind is capable of destroying the ballance of nature to ensure life on earth but by declaring it's mosly Americas fault .

It all ties together, the virtual worship of nature to the exclusion of any development of our natural resources by mankind.The abnormal and diseased sexual desires of men for men and woman by woman and the murder of the unborn and the newly born by the very family who conceived them !It Sure sounds like a pagan religion to me !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    "for the sake of a good crop vs early termination of a pregnancy." ....The intent in the worship of Baal wasn't termination of pregnancy,

No, that's the intent of abortion, not ritualistic sacrifice.

the child was already born just as the child is born in partial birth abortion .Even the name they gave it is dishonest .The real intent was to murder the child as it is in an abortion .
    The intent of ritualistic sacrifice is murder for appeasement from the gods/god.

Partial birth abortions are a moot issue my friend... it accounts for less than ~1% of all abortions, period. In the cases it does happen its generally for sound medical reasons, not convenience... definitely not ritualistic sacrifice. I can't believe I actually had to type that. :(

This equivocation is beyond retarded megs.

You are also attempting to disguise the frenzied supporters of the environment above all as just harmless lovers of all things green .Some of these people will go to any extreme to halt all development of new sources of food or energy in this country .They decry coal as being an extreme source of pollution and are equally resist to any development of Nuclear Electric Energy as being unsafe and unneeded .
    Not really, I am simply saying that the majority of environmentalists have nothing to do with pantheism and definitely not Baalism... from what we know of Baalism it also has nothing to do with any kind of pantheism, nor is it possible to in any way connect the dots in any way between environmentalism and Baalism.

This batshit insane author's attempt to somehow make an association between left wing issues (that arent exclusively left wing anyhow) and an ancient archaic religion of human sacrifice fails at every level. This is demonization 101. Pitty you fell for it.

The Environmental/Liberal/Progressives are blocking any effort to make America energy independent even though we have a great abundance of undeveloped native energy sources .They cry 'Global Warming as an excuse to prevent America from developing and useing energy by claiming that mankind is capable of destroying the ballance of nature to ensure life on earth but by declaring it's mosly Americas fault .

It all ties together, the virtual worship of nature to the exclusion of any development of our natural resources by mankind.The abnormal and diseased sexual desires of men for men and woman by woman and the murder of the unborn and the newly born by the very family who conceived them !It Sure sounds like a pagan religion to me !
    It all ties together in your fanciful imaginations... boogeymen all over the place.

Except for a few fringe loons, environmentalism is simply about intelligently using and preserving our resources so that we can continue to live. Its humanistic at its core. And again.... explain the connection to the Canaanites and Baalism here...
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-22-2008 at 05:39 PM.