Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Respectful disagreement is fine, and probably all we would ever achieve.. but at the very least here, I hope any pro-lifer whos made it through reading this thread can no longer simply sit back and self-righteously proclaim that abortion and the philosophy of pro-choice is related in any way to Baal ritual child sacrifice... at least not without a lot of self-deception... that was the farce (flamebait) that got me started, and really the one thing I hoped to shut down.

At best, I would hope that people can see that no matter what one feels about abortion, that the pro-life movement has in no way been able to best pro-choice arguments to such a degree (or at all, really) that they should feel comfortable dismissing them and moving enshrine their restrictive viewpoints into law... with government enforcement to back them up.

And we can yet have further discussions on the repercussions of anti-abortion laws, which I think get even more naive treatment from the pro-lifers. There's a sort of, 'If you build it, he will come' mentality in the pro-life movement when it comes to Roe V Wade... there's just this faith or assumption that repealing it will result in good things, even though this idea gets nearly zero scrutiny.... and I would also say there are few reasons to think that is true. So at best, maybe some can begin to appreciate the saying: 'pro-choice, not pro-abortion'
    Your ability to deceive yourself on the humanity and personhood of unborn children, and the agony they suffer as they are shredded into a biohazard bag, in no way changes the fact that abortion is exactly the same as child sacrifice given to Baal or any other idol (like money or convenience.) The only difference is the age of the child.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Your ability to deceive yourself on the humanity and personhood of unborn children, and the agony they suffer as they are shredded into a biohazard bag, in no way changes the fact that abortion is exactly the same as child sacrifice given to Baal or any other idol (like money or convenience.) The only difference is the age of the child.
    Theres no God involved in the sacrifice though, lets add that. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Your ability to deceive yourself on the humanity and personhood of unborn children, and the agony they suffer as they are shredded into a biohazard bag,
    All you would have to do is show reasonable evidence that this is true and it would be cause for me to reconsider. But I suspect you'll continue to rely on theatrical over the top verbiage in lieu of making an argument, as you have so far.

in no way changes the fact that abortion is exactly the same as child sacrifice given to Baal or any other idol (like money or convenience.) The only difference is the age of the child.
    You have got to be kidding. The best you can come with is to repeat the original (ridiculous) premise of the article I have spent pages refuting? Try again. Do you actually understand how to debate or at least put up an argument?
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-31-2008 at 09:44 PM.

All you would have to do is show reasonable evidence that this is true and it would be cause for me to reconsider. But I suspect you'll continue to rely on theatrical over the top verbiage in lieu of making an argument, as you have so far.

You have got to be kidding. The best you can come with is to repeat the original (ridiculous) premise of the article I have spent pages refuting? Try again. Do you actually understand how to debate or at least put up an argument?
    Here you go: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/babysamuel.htm
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    A very powerful photo indeed..

Also a 21 week old fetus... around the time I have been arguing in this thread begins the personhood.

A very powerful photo indeed..

Also a 21 week old fetus... around the time I have been arguing in this thread begins the personhood.
    You have promise.:)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Theres no God involved in the sacrifice though, lets add that. :D
    There are definitely idols involved in the sacrifice...money, time, feminism, whatever the mother worships more than she respects human life.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

You have "refuted" nothing. You've spent most of your time explaining why it is you don't care that human lives are ended in the worship of time, convenience and feminism. Your lack of understanding does not refute what happens to the child involved.

And, after having read through the entire thread again, I'd like to point out that your entire argument was summed up in one of my first posts...Modern "Baal worshippers" merely deny the personhood of the developing child in order to justify the sacrifice of that human life. (And, despite the posts on both sides of the argument on the humanity of the fetus, it is impossible to medically or scientifically prove the fetus is anything except a human.)
    Last edited by MrsSmith; 01-02-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    -
    -
    -

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    If you really think abortion is a choice think again....WARNING very graphic site

..............................life begins at conception ^

A very graphic site which can give you powerful incite into the ways the left twist words and how you can use the truth to fight back.

This is a "Pro-Choice, Chosen" Baby
    A Baby Who DIDN'T Have a "Choice"
    who was aborted 22 Weeks After Conception

Did Anyone Ask This Baby If He/She "Chose" to Die?
    This is not a "choice," this is a BABY!

This is what YOU SUPPORT when you "CHOOSE" to be "PRO-CHOICE"

CHOICE IS DEATH FOR INNOCENT, DEFENSELESS, AND HELPLESS BABIES

Saying your "pro-choice" sounds "prettier" and nicer than saying; "I'm for killing innocent, unborn babies." So does "I vote for candidates that support the murder of babies," which is EXACTLY what you support when you "choose" to be "pro-choice" and vote for "pro-choice" candidates. The reality of being "pro-choice" means that helpless, defenseless and innocent babies; suffer, feel pain, in the act of their lives being snuffed out by "legal" abortion in America.

1. Would you like to have your arms and legs RIPPED off of your body?
    That's what a dilation and evacuation abortion is.

2. Would you like to have your skull pierced by a "doctor" who then
    vacuumed out your brains?
    This is a partial birth abortion performed to save the life of the mother, when
    the baby's head is still in the birth canal.

3. Would you like to have your body bathed in caustic saline solution that slowly
    burns you to death that dissolves and peals the skin right off of your body?
    This is a saline abortion.

Death by abortion is mean and causes babies an excruciating and painfully cruel death. But this is what happens EVERYDAY here in America, the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave," unless you're an unborn baby. Unborn babies are, and have been, an "endangered species" who need to be protected. You wouldn't do this, or permit this to be done to an animal, would you??? Why are you so concerned about lobsters feeling pain before they are boiled? Why do you care about whales and other endangered species that are "protected" when 1,500,000 INNOCENT BABIES ARE ABORTED EVERY YEAR?

http://www.lifebeginsatconception.co...ortion_Now.htm

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why do you care about whales and other endangered species that are "protected" when 1,500,000 INNOCENT BABIES ARE ABORTED EVERY YEAR?
    I haven't announced my position yet.

Im against abortion. First, if i dont want to get pregnant then i'll take care of myself well, maybe karate-ing or firing arms all guys who get too close to me.

Second, for the rape case, it is a misfortune, yet, the baby is still worth to be born. He/she might grow to be someone in the society. (even the president-elect, his mother must be proud of him).

The only occassion which is an exception for me is when a doctor tells father that both mother's and baby's life are threatened, and asks which life the father will choose. Of course, if I were the father I would force the doctor to save both. If it really is impossible, then the choice should be left to both the father and the mother.
    Last edited by wiegenlied; 01-02-2009 at 10:18 AM.