Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 World Series 2018 
    What a long, strange trip it's continuing to be...

Dodgers & Red Sox

Wow. The coasts...

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Would have preferred a Brewers/Astros series more for the novelty of it. And have spent a good deal of time in both Milwaukee & Houston.

But congrats to the Red Sawks & Dodgers. Sox were the best team all year, and after scuffling a lot of the year the Dodgers got hot at the right time.

Inside baseball stuff here: Listened to a lot of pregame 7 talk about how the Brewers had their bullpen set up perfectly. However Craig Counsel went to his dominant reliever Josh Hader too early in the game IMHO. Probably should have used him & Jeffress/Knebel in the mid/later innings. Oh well. Should be a great World Series...I hope.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Would have preferred a Brewers/Astros series more for the novelty of it. And have spent a good deal of time in both Milwaukee & Houston.

But congrats to the Red Sawks & Dodgers. Sox were the best team all year, and after scuffling a lot of the year the Dodgers got hot at the right time.

Inside baseball stuff here: Listened to a lot of pregame 7 talk about how the Brewers had their bullpen set up perfectly. However Craig Counsel went to his dominant reliever Josh Hader too early in the game IMHO. Probably should have used him & Jeffress/Knebel in the mid/later innings. Oh well. Should be a great World Series...I hope.
    I'm still checked-into-a-sanitarium about Counsell's 'decoy' pitching-change of yanking starter, Wade Miley after one batter in game-5... to 'trick' Dodgers-manager, Dave Roberts' into substituting his right-handed lineup ''prematurely''. Total backfire, resulting in losing a 13-inning yawner.

Miley started game-6, which the Brewers won, but their bullpen was deprived of rest for game-7.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    I'm still checked-into-a-sanitarium about Counsell's 'decoy' pitching-change of yanking starter, Wade Miley after one batter in game-5... to 'trick' Dodgers-manager, Dave Roberts' into substituting his right-handed lineup ''prematurely''. Total backfire, resulting in losing a 13-inning yawner.

Miley started game-6, which the Brewers won, but their bullpen was deprived of rest for game-7.
    There is over-managing and under managing. A healthy balance is needed more often.

Game 1: Boston 8, Los Angeles 4

The Dodgers were a little tired, is all. I don't think the shape of Fenway Park affected them. Maybe the way the 'shape' affected the roars of the home-crowd heard down on the field. Dodgers outfielders had that what am I doing here look occasionally.

Game 2: Boston 4, Los Angeles 2

The Dodgers were a little cold, is all. With temperatures dropping-through the mid-forties. I'm running-out of excuses... but that's probably the main reason the Red Sox start doing all their damage after 2-outs. LA-pitchers getting impatient to get back into the warmth of the dugout. They start hanging balls over the plate.

Unnnnn buhleevuhbull

Game 3: Los Angeles 3, Boston 2

The longest World Series game/postseason game in History. Over 7-hours, with a game-winning HR by Muncy in the bottom of the 18th. That's literally two-games-in-one.

I dozed-off in the 13th after the weird underhand-flip play, which put Boston ahead, 2 to 1.

So much was happening, from Nunez's antics to the Dodgers Lady aping Red Sox pitchers on DiamondVision… I'm glad Sandy Koufax was there, looking amazing for a Hall Of Famer at 82. It was his kind of game.

Game 4: Boston 9, Los Angeles 6

guest review by President Trump:

Watching the Dodgers/Red Sox final innings. It is amazing how a manager takes out a pitcher who is loose & dominating through almost 7 innings, Rich Hill of Dodgers, and brings in nervous reliever(s) who get shellacked. 4 run lead gone. Managers do it all the time, big mistake!

Game 5: Boston 5, Los Angeles 1

Congrats to the Red Sox, dammit. They had the best record in MLB, so they should've won it anyway. Dave Roberts simply overmanaged-the-Series-away again. This is the second year in a row that the Dodgers lost the Fall Classic at home.

So... till we all get back next season...

How soon until training camps open? Going to be a few long months.