Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Miserable day today 
    gator
    The day started off with great hope of going shooting. However, the weather near the range was terrible so I scrubbed the trip after looking at the radar.

Whats-her-name had to do some business so that left the cat and me alone at home so both of us curled up the sofa and took a late morning nap whiled it rained. So far so good. Life is sweet.

Then whats-her-name came home and wanted to go buy new carpeting for the house. That is when things started to go to hell in a hand basket.

I spent most of the afternoon standing around and answering stupid questions like “is this color OK for the computer room”? How in the hell should I know and no matter what answer I gave she still got what the hell she wanted anyhow. It cost me several thousand dollars and now I have to empty the bookcases and do other hard work before the carpet installers get there. Worst yet is that I had to put up with a sickening salesman who I swear is a regular on “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”. Life is starting to really suck now.

Worst is that I have to get out all my ammo and stuff from the gun room. At least I am getting OD Green carpeting for the room. Of course now I have to paint it and move an 800 lb gun safe.

Why can’t women just leave things alone?

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The day started off with great hope of going shooting. However, the weather near the range was terrible so I scrubbed the trip after looking at the radar.

Whats-her-name had to do some business so that left the cat and me alone at home so both of us curled up the sofa and took a late morning nap whiled it rained. So far so good. Life is sweet.

Then whats-her-name came home and wanted to go buy new carpeting for the house. That is when things started to go to hell in a hand basket.

I spent most of the afternoon standing around and answering stupid questions like “is this color OK for the computer room”? How in the hell should I know and no matter what answer I gave she still got what the hell she wanted anyhow. It cost me several thousand dollars and now I have to empty the bookcases and do other hard work before the carpet installers get there. Worst yet is that I had to put up with a sickening salesman who I swear is a regular on “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”. Life is starting to really suck now.

Worst is that I have to get out all my ammo and stuff from the gun room. At least I am getting OD Green carpeting for the room. Of course now I have to paint it and move an 800 lb gun safe.

We can. We just choose not to. It gives us something to laugh with our friends about.

If we left things alone, the gun room would be carpeted with greasy rags and dirty socks.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    If we left things alone, the gun room would be carpeted with greasy rags and dirty socks.
    That, me lady, is called a "man cave" and should never be touched by female hands. It shouldn't even be gazed upon by the opposite sex.

ooooh ooohhh.. so what type of carpet did you get? Details! I like this stuff. If you made decisions in just ONE shopping day, then whatsername actually did pretty good.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    ooooh ooohhh.. so what type of carpet did you get? Details! I like this stuff. If you made decisions in just ONE shopping day, then whatsername actually did pretty good.
    I don't really know what kind. It is a good grade but not the real expensive kind. With no kids at home and no dog we didn't feel it was necessary to get the top of the line. Besides, we will sell the house when the market picks up anyhow. On sale and with a discount is was about $8.00 a square foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    That, me lady, is called a "man cave" and should never be touched by female hands. It shouldn't even be gazed upon by the opposite sex.
    The gun room? Whatever. Mr Smith is a wicked good shot, but the guns are MINE. :p
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

gator
    This story got worse yesterday.

We are getting the whole house recarpeted including the back two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is a guest bedroom and the other one is my gun room.

When I went in I picked out the color of carpet for the gun room. It was a nice shade of subdued green. A close approximation to OD. Very acceptable for a gun room. She picked out another color for the guest bedroom.

The little sissy boi from the shop called whatshername up on Saturday and said the color for the guest bedroom was not available so she had to come in and pick another color. By the time she got out of there she got the same color for both bedrooms. It has an aqua marine tint to it goddamn it!!!!

Her reasoning; “Maybe we want to sell the house one day, it will look better”.

My gun room will now look like a project from “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” which is probably what the sissy salesman wanted all along.

Life is really starting to suck. It is clear I don’t have control of my household anymore.

BSR

Did you have to hold her purse again? :D

because if it aint broke they fix it...............I went thru this same nightmare !!!!!
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots