Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    gator
    This story got worse yesterday.

We are getting the whole house recarpeted including the back two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is a guest bedroom and the other one is my gun room.

When I went in I picked out the color of carpet for the gun room. It was a nice shade of subdued green. A close approximation to OD. Very acceptable for a gun room. She picked out another color for the guest bedroom.

The little sissy boi from the shop called whatshername up on Saturday and said the color for the guest bedroom was not available so she had to come in and pick another color. By the time she got out of there she got the same color for both bedrooms. It has an aqua marine tint to it goddamn it!!!!

Her reasoning; “Maybe we want to sell the house one day, it will look better”.

My gun room will now look like a project from “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” which is probably what the sissy salesman wanted all along.

Life is really starting to suck. It is clear I don’t have control of my household anymore.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

We are getting the whole house recarpeted including the back two bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is a guest bedroom and the other one is my gun room.

When I went in I picked out the color of carpet for the gun room. It was a nice shade of subdued green. A close approximation to OD. Very acceptable for a gun room. She picked out another color for the guest bedroom.

The little sissy boi from the shop called whatshername up on Saturday and said the color for the guest bedroom was not available so she had to come in and pick another color. By the time she got out of there she got the same color for both bedrooms. It has an aqua marine tint to it goddamn it!!!!

My gun room will now look like a project from “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” which is probably what the sissy salesman wanted all along.

Life is really starting to suck. It is clear I don’t have control of my household anymore.
    The good news is they may select your gun room for their next production of 'Queer Eye' if its 'gay' enough !
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-22-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Banned

Call the sissy up and tell him you want the orginal color ordered or go back to the store, pick another brand of carpet with approximately the same color. Should not be a big deal to get what your want.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Call the sissy up and tell him you want the orginal color ordered or go back to the store, pick another brand of carpet with approximately the same color. Should not be a big deal to get what your want.
    You don't understand. I have been cut out of the loop between whatshername and the sissy boi. I have no say so in the matter. Like I said, I have lost control of my household.

I will be sitting in a gun room with aqua marine carpet. :mad:

Sonnabend
    I will be sitting in a gun room with aqua marine carpet.
    Feeling "blue", are we , Gator?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Feeling "blue", are we , Gator?

Thats right kick when he's down !

Sonnabend

Could be because you call her "whatshername". That doesn't go over well with the ladies, Gator. :p

omigod.. It was a struggle to make it through that whiny post. Get the same color for everything.. otherwise it looks like a friggen patchwork quilt. If you dont have a hardwood flooring hallway or something to break the carpeting up, just go with the same thing thruout.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    omigod.. It was a struggle to make it through that whiny post. Get the same color for everything.. otherwise it looks like a friggen patchwork quilt. If you dont have a hardwood flooring hallway or something to break the carpeting up, just go with the same thing thruout.
    Good advice, Jumpy. A house across the street was on the market a year. A rehabber who bought a fixer-upper a block away told the owners it wasn't selling because in this market, people want things perfect. They had different color hardwood and various colors carpet throughout the house. He said at the entrance, people need to see continuity.

He should listen to the carpet expert---you. :D BTW, is aquamarine a hot color now? Or maybe it is in Florida. Here we're still into boring beige.