Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Good advice, Jumpy. A house across the street was on the market a year. A rehabber who bought a fixer-upper a block away told the owners it wasn't selling because in this market, people want things perfect. They had different color hardwood and various colors carpet throughout the house. He said at the entrance, people need to see continuity.

He should listen to the carpet expert---you. :D BTW, is aquamarine a hot color now? Or maybe it is in Florida. Here we're still into boring beige.
    I am going to say that no,in my 15or so years of installing, I have never ran across a carpet color that is labeled aquamarine. But maybe it is just a southern thing?? If it is a teal color, then yes, that is very nice. Cripes, the folks who label carpet colors come up with 50 thousand different names for "tan". The same could probably be said about blue/green, which sounds like the color that he is referring to.

My area is still into earth tones.. even chocolate browns.. olive greens..earthy moss colors, etc. Everything is neutral these days.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG!!!!

YIKES!!!!! :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I am going to say that no,in my 15or so years of installing, I have never ran across a carpet color that is labeled aquamarine. But maybe it is just a southern thing?? If it is a teal color, then yes, that is very nice. Cripes, the folks who label carpet colors come up with 50 thousand different names for "tan". The same could probably be said about blue/green, which sounds like the color that he is referring to.

My area is still into earth tones.. even chocolate browns.. olive greens..earthy moss colors, etc. Everything is neutral these days.
    Yeah, our color was "sandpiper". It's a light beige with all those little flecks. It actually does look sort of like a beach. But it blends right in with the hardwood and pergo. Maybe I'm just getting used to it. :D

Or maybe it's this!!!

:D

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Or maybe it's this!!!

:D
    ha!!! You are having fun with this, eh? Actually, in the right surroundings, the color would be nice. Like, in a beach house, or a nautical type room.

ha!!! You are having fun with this, eh? Actually, in the right surroundings, the color would be nice. Like, in a beach house, or a nautical type room.
    LOL!! Yeah I'm just busting him. :D

You're right about a beach house. In the latest issue of Sarasota Magazine they had a writeup on a beach house that had a lot of blue in it. In fact, the owner put in a blue/white granite for the counter tops that was very weird looking but hey, it's the owners money.

Maybe he'll have a nautical theme in the gun room. The decorator might come over and reinvent the room. :D

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Maybe he'll have a nautical theme in the gun room. The decorator might come over and reinvent the room. :D
    Whatsername lets him have a gun room??? I thought that room was called "garage".

Whatsername lets him have a gun room??? I thought that room was called "garage".
    :D:D Very good, Jumpy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You don't understand. I have been cut out of the loop between whatshername and the sissy boi. I have no say so in the matter. Like I said, I have lost control of my household.

I will be sitting in a gun room with aqua marine carpet. :mad:
    You need to exert your authority over the household. Are you a man or a mouse? BTW, green and that aquamarine looks like a wet dream!
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-23-2008 at 12:15 AM.