1. #1 Democratic rep: Trump 'deliberately set up Jim Acosta' with 'staged' incident 
    link

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (25,464 posts)

Democratic rep: Trump 'deliberately set up Jim Acosta' with 'staged' incident

Rep. Gerry Connelly (D-Va.) declared Thursday that CNN's Jim Acosta was "deliberately set up" by President Trump in a "staged" event involving an intern on Wednesday that led to the CNN correspondent getting his press pass suspended by the White House.

Connelly's comments were made to TMZ outside of Congress on Thursday.

"Do you think he’s going to have a better relationship with all these reporters?" Connelly was asked.

"I would not argue that he’s going to have a better relationship with the reporters, given the fact he pulled Jim Acosta’s White House press credentials yesterday in kind of a staged setup," Connelly replied. "It was kind of a disgusting scene. So I think it raises very worrying questions about any respect at all he has for the free press and the role of the free press in a democratic society."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...taged-incident
    DUmmies will believe anything. So just how was President Trump to know that CNN's b*tch was going to ask 3 questions and STILL refuse to give up the microphone to an intern, and continue to ask rude inflammatory questions?

I suppose the Jack*sses figure that SOMEHOW President Trump FORCED CNN's b*tch to do this.
    kentuck (89,085 posts)

2. I think it was probably a set-up...

It looked too much like reality TV...
    That's because CNN's b*tch isn't a real reporter, he's simply a shock jock acting on his hatred and need to puff himself up. Only a committed Jack*ss thinks that acting like that is a positive.

tanyev (27,893 posts)

3. I do too. Ticked off after the election, decided to make himself feel a little better

by cooking up a reason to go off on the CNN reporter. Now all he needs is another rally so he can have an audience to listen to him brag about it.
    gratuitous (62,766 posts)

4. Prediction . . .

Connelly's statement will now be subject to fly-specking scrutiny, found to be insufficiently substantiated for the taste of the Very Serious People, and Trump will once again be declared the winner of the controversy. Jim Acosta will no longer be in the White House press pool. His replacement will be notable for cringing obsequity.
    He should have been thrown off it long ago. He had many opportunities to change his behavior and chose not to.

Democrats would have been having FITS if ANYONE had treated Obama this way. If things don't change they can expect the next Democrat President to be treated like the Jack*ss he/she is the way Jack*sses treat Republican Presidents.

2. #2 The Acosta microphone grab was staged. 
    link

dixiegrrrrl (55,596 posts)

The Acosta microphone grab was staged.

It was a set up to get Acosta.
    I have watched the video repeatedly.
    Whoever the Trump bimbo was, she moved in with a single purpose, tried to grab the mike, actually SHE bumped Acosta's hand, and when she could not get the microphone, she suddenly dropped in to a chair and looked at Trump for a cue. like a puppet whose strings had been cut.

Watch the video a few times, try to see where she appeared from. I am convinced someone in the back cued her to storm in.
    Look carefully at her body language and expression as she plopped down into the chair.

I want to go find a perhaps longer video of the press conference, but it sure looked stage to me.
    Jack*sses gotta be jack*sses. It never changes. What did they expect the intern to do? Did they expect her to look away from President Trump? AWAY from the person who was answering the questions. The person who she was moving the microphone from one reporter to the next as he answered questions?

Grasswire2 (1,742 posts)

1. Madelaine.

She's the new pants steamer for Trump.

[link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_Westerhout|
    sfwriter (2,353 posts)

6. Ahh yes, Madeleine Westerhout

She misunderstood Trump’s private comments to her. She heard “grab” and “snatch” in a totally different context and ran with it.
    dawg day (1,515 posts)

2. Who is she? A WH staffer?

I don't know why we're supposed to think she has the right to grab something out of his hand and then play the victim when he grabs it back.

The right love to do that, use women to make it seem like they're victims of mean old liberals or reporters.

These idiots think this is sooooo hilarious. I hope to h*ll that if they trigger someone's anger that the individual doesn't go into an establishment and shoot up a place. If there's any justice they'll hunt down the jack*sses like this and others who have been all about hate, hate, hate, and lying about President Trump and Republicans .

They might want to think about this as they are inciting anger and violence at the expense of those they hate.

Totally. DUMB. I'm going to repost what I posted over in the Cave rather than rewrite War and Peace.

Nothing prevented Acosta from handing the microphone to another reporter when asked. Except his hatred and arrogance.

Nothing prevented Acosta from handing the microphone to the intern when asked. Except his hatred and arrogance.

Nothing forced Acosta to push aside the intern's arm. Except his arrogant disdain and contempt for people serving in the Trump Administration.

The whole incident would be impossible to "stage", because Jim Acosta controlled what he did and how he reacted when the intern came to get the microphone. Acosta could have prevented the incident, at every stage, but instead caused every stage of it.

One could quibble about context and who is being addressed, but I think James' observation is pretty much generally true: the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Anger tends to escalate unless consciously checked, and sooner or later the one who is continually angry does stupid, hurtful, and self-sabotaging things. Jim Acosta is at that point, and there are other MSM people not far behind him.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I don't think that Trump needs a reason to revoke someone's press pass. He merely say's "You're out of here" and the pass is going. So explain to me again why a set up is required other than to push forward liberal melodrama?
    Liberals! The real fascists.

If Acosta was set up, they certainly guessed right that he'd walk right into it with his obnoxious, bullying behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    If Acosta was set up, they certainly guessed right that he'd walk right into it with his obnoxious, bullying behavior.
    It's proof of the incredible control President Trump has over acosta's mind. Trump made him behave like a classless asshole to set him up.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM