1. #1 A black woman has won the seat once held by Gingrich and which a white man could not 
    link

EffieBlack (10,925 posts)

A black woman has won the seat once held by Gingrich and which a white man could not win last spring

So, please spare us the "we'd better not run a minority or woman because only a white man can save us right now" excuses for perpetuating institutional racism.

And don't point to Abrams and Gillum as examples of how minorities and women can't win. Their races are not over yet, but win or lose, they've come closer to beating a Republican in ruby red states than any white man has come in decades. Oh ... and their opponents had to cheat their asses off just to stay competitive.

White men lose elections ALL the time but no one suggests that means other white men shouldn't run. But when female and darker folk lose to white men, that's held up as proof that women and minorities are a drag on the party and white men must be given MORE opportunities to run.

On the other hand, when white men lose to women and people of color, it's treated as an aberration that means nothing outside of that particular race. The fact that the last three presidential elections were won by a black man and a woman yet we're being told a white man must be our standard bearer if we want to win in 2020 being the glaring case in point.

The bullshit Great White Male Hope argument not only is plainly racist and sexist, no matter how it's couched, it completely ignores the fact that women and minorities kicked ass all over the country this week while a whole bunch of white men have egg all over their faces. Maybe instead of insisting that only white men can save us, we should be gearing up to run women and black and brown folk since THEY seem to be the winning tickets.
    You know what is racist? DEMOCRATS fixating on the skin color of EVERYONE and either approving of or disapproving of them BASED ON THEIR SKIN COLOR. Choosing people for jobs or political positions BASED ON THEIR SKIN COLOR and not first on their accomplishments.

They regularly have discussions and arguments about what the SKIN COLOR and/or SEXUAL ORGANS their next Presidential nominee as well as other positions in politics SHOULD HAVE.

It's sick. And it's racist.

Wouldn't be surprised if there'd been a couple of rounds of reapportionment/redistricting in the past 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if there'd been a couple of rounds of reapportionment/redistricting in the past 20+ years.
    Ya think?

Why do DUpipo think it remarkable that a black woman would win a Congressional seat? The racism of low expectations?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Told you EffieTheBlack would be along shortly to outdo she she for DU’s biggest race baiter title. Now, your turn sheshe.

Quote Originally Posted by DemsAreDumb View Post
    Told you EffieTheBlack would be along shortly to outdo she she for DU’s biggest race baiter title. Now, your turn sheshe.
    Tag-team racism?

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Tag-team racism?
    Those two try to out-victim each other. They take turns shaking their finger in the faces of their fellow DUmmies and they just go along with it. It’s funny to watch actually. If DU doesn’t mention any black democrats for awhile and praise anyone BECAUSE they’re black, here comes Effie and she she to remind them.

Quote Originally Posted by DemsAreDumb View Post
    Those two try to out-victim each other. They take turns shaking their finger in the faces of their fellow DUmmies and they just go along with it. It’s funny to watch actually. If DU doesn’t mention any black democrats for awhile and praise anyone BECAUSE they’re black, here comes Effie and she she to remind them.
    It's pretty condescending to be drumming up praise for blacks who accomplish things blacks have been accomplishing for decades, if not simply racist. Or if either is actually a black (dubious on DU), monumental inferiority complex.

Black doctor, lawyers, engineers, mayors, legislators, teachers, pilots, Congress-Critters, etc., etc., etc. have been NORMAL in this country for decades and for some of those professions, for over a century. Jim Crow died before I was born (Brown vs. Board of Education), and was buried when I was in elementary school (JFK + LBJ eras); good riddance!