Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I share your love of food and as far wordy response go you are in a class of your own.Fondue is dining event in Europe as opposed to a local stomach filler during an drinking contest .Cooking at table in small pots of hot oil is Medieval in nature but enjoyable to me but not to some.The European mountain countries of France,Italy,Germany and Switzerland have developed a regional style of fondue based on cheese and savories much different than the rest of European and Asian flatlanders.
    I'm too scared to use oil, we use broth! But I agree it is a social event, like I said at the Melting Pot restaurant you can kill 3-4 hours just noshing and having a good time.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm too scared to use oil, we use broth! But I agree it is a social event, like I said at the Melting Pot restaurant you can kill 3-4 hours just noshing and having a good time.
    I've done the oil - it's not really scary but it's not what I want at the moment. This is for a "between" get-together. I'll have homemade sourdough and rye bread with snacky things and the usual alcohol. I'm mulling Moo's contributions.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've done the oil - it's not really scary but it's not what I want at the moment. This is for a "between" get-together. I'll have homemade sourdough and rye bread with snacky things and the usual alcohol. I'm mulling Moo's contributions.
    Try a different Italian cheese,perhaps a choice of semi rare Italian cheeses.I am partial to a blend of Asciago and a Well aged Cheddar .

Some cheeses are made of mares milk and have a sharp flavor.Some are from mountain sheep milk or goat milk.Exotic cheese can be quite expensive and hard to find.When I traveled in Europe as a field engineer I would seek out the local Italian cheeses and enjoy their taste and texture.

Every village in Northern Italy had their own varity of cheese made to use up the goat,sheep,mares or cows excess milk to stop waste.Some of the best foods I have ever had came from these private homes in Northern Italy and the French German cooking in small home/restaurant around Colmar in Alsace Lorraine .

Asiago is made in the region of Vicenza and Trento, Italy. It is a traditional, farmhouse and creamery, unpasteurized, hard cheese. Originally made of ewe's milk, now is made with cow's milk only. There are two types of Asiago: first one (mistakenly taken for Pressato) is a lightly pressed cheese made from whole milk matured for 20-30 days. The other (Asiago d'Allevo) is the mature cheese made with skimmed milk. Long and slow maturation process creates fruity, slightly sharp cheese with a compact, granular interior full of small holes. Matured over 2 years, becomes intensely flavored. Can be grated and used as a condiment.