Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Palladium is going parabolic! It’s been rising $20-$70 each trading day for a while now. I wonder what’s happening with it? I owned two measly 1oz bars and converted them to tubes of silver Eagles at less than half this price. I should have sat on them a bit longer and turned them into over twice as much silver. Hindsight is 20/20 right? Swing and a miss...

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    When Polaroid and Kodak went out of business, silver waved bye-bye.

It's still good for black & white photographs... using halide photographic-paper.
    Although there are still plenty of industrial uses this is an excellent point.

One other point to consider in precious metals saving/investment is their possible use if everything goes to hell. You're not going to be able to barter for gas or groceries with a ten ounce bar or a one ounce $50 gold coin. Pre-'64 silver coins, pre-'34 silver dollars, 1/10 ounce $5 coins and vintage quarter eagles have a widely recognized value/acceptance and are more suitable for small/medium transactions.

As for non-precious metals 223 and 9mm will always be of negotiable value.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

"Humans are not the enemies of life. Humans are the vanguard of life. Life to Mars and Mars to life!" Robert Zubrin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

And be sure to invest in some stocks.

Ones with guns & hi cap mags attached.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Although there are still plenty of industrial uses this is an excellent point.

One other point to consider in precious metals saving/investment is their possible use if everything goes to hell. You're not going to be able to barter for gas or groceries with a ten ounce bar or a one ounce $50 gold coin. Pre-'64 silver coins, pre-'34 silver dollars, 1/10 ounce $5 coins and vintage quarter eagles have a widely recognized value/acceptance and are more suitable for small/medium transactions.

I’m looking to make money and not for TSHTF scenario. Agreed that the pre-1964 half dollars, quarters, and dimes would be of the best utility though. Several years ago, you could buy all of the 90% junk silver you wanted for spot or melt value. $1.00 face = .715 oz of silver. I’ve got a $1000 face bag of walking liberty half dollars, Franklin’s, and 1964 Kennedy’s that I accumulated over time. If I could turn back the clock, that would probably be the only form of silver I would have bought.

Lead and brass are also well covered. I like to purchase that in bulk as well.

On edit: You can make money on a precious metals bull market, which I believe is far from over. I’ve already taken some profits along the way.
    Last edited by Tecate; 01-18-2020 at 04:45 PM.