Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Faithful Catholic website sends out alarm over 2020 elections 
    Power CUer

The pre-election data heralds a swing to the left. Hillary has already said that religions must change in fundamental ways. The fears are real.

Catholics have always been leftists. This isn't new.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Love the guy's hairpiece. It's a classic 70s look.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Love the guy's hairpiece. It's a classic 70s look.
    It's unkind to say this, but somewhere a forest is missing a dead squirrel.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Not all Catholics are Leftists. I'm Catholic, and I'm right-of-center. You would be surprised to learn that European fascism has almost always taken root in Catholic communities.

True; and some of the most radical Leftist movements came out of anti-Catholic groups, like some of the radical elements in the Spanish Republicans or the mess that was Mexican politics in the first half of the 20th Century.

In the US, though, most of the national Catholic outreach and charity groups do seem to trend from Left to Far Left. At the level of the individual parish and diocese they do seem to be all over the map.

Pope Frankie could end up validating those Prophecies of St. Malachy the way he's going.

And those 10 million old codgers will be replace by 12 million more.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Think Father Coughlin (sp) and especially Bishop Sheen. Virulent anti-Communist Catholic leaders.... Yes, Liberation Theology took its toll on the Church. It was just another manifestation of Communist subterfuge at work everywhere in the 1960s. IMHO, the righteous Catholic fights Communism with every ounce of his being. It's violently atheistic and the brain-child of someone who argued Jesus never existed -- Karl Marx. Lastly, racial strife is everywhere, even in the Church. Many Hispanic priests advocate illegal immigration from Latin America. I just put them in context whenever I hear such nonsense from the pulpit.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDallinger View Post
    Think Father Coughlin (sp) and especially Bishop Sheen. Virulent anti-Communist Catholic leaders.... Yes, Liberation Theology took its toll on the Church. It was just another manifestation of Communist subterfuge at work everywhere in the 1960s. IMHO, the righteous Catholic fights Communism with every ounce of his being. It's violently atheistic and the brain-child of someone who argued Jesus never existed -- Karl Marx. Lastly, racial strife is everywhere, even in the Church. Many Hispanic priests advocate illegal immigration from Latin America. I just put them in context whenever I hear such nonsense from the pulpit.
    Most Catholics I've known in my life were pretty liberal, politically speaking. Some of that comes from living in the world of the auto industry and unions. There was a Catholic church in my backyard, literally, in the house in Grand Rapids where I grew up. We went to a lot of kids activities there over the years, like teen dances and the kids baseball league events. I also went to CCD with my friends a couple of times. The priests/nuns there did not seem particularly political one way or another, and CCD appeared pretty orthodox and traditional. The rectory and convent were always sure GS cookie sales. But our family's best friend family was Catholic and they went to a church run by a Paulist Father, who was pretty radical and liberal. Another family friends went to a fairly conservative church in Wyoming, MI. That's where I went to the anti-drug lecture that seems like it was given by the real Billy Hayes, because from what I remember, his life story was pretty close to the one depicted in Midnight Express.

Father Coughlin was a pro-Nazi anti Semite who played into the MI Klan's and Henry Ford's racist agendas. My dad claims that his dad worked on the crew that built the Shrine of the Little Flower (Coughlin's parish) on Woodward in Royal Oak, and that his dad told him that the good father had impregnated all the nuns there. I never met that grandfather, but from other things my dad told me, he hated unions and Catholics in general.

I studied and tried to live Communism and Liberation Theology as a young, totally insane idealist. Decades of hard experience and continuous study converted me. No, Catholics aren't taught Communism. Aside from its emphasis on humanism, Catholicism doesn't have any innate quality which lends itself to Communism.

As I said, Communism is a mass-murdering, atheistic system which attracts knuckleheads from every persuasion of life. For years I loved blaming Communism on Jews, because of my burning hatred for the Leftist media. I thought I had discovered a panacea to all my woes. Eventually, however, I woke up on that issue as well. Judaism doesn't teach Communism, either.

The most we can do is simply condemn idiots who decide to embrace Communism for their idiocy and subsequent crimes against humanity. Conspiracy-theories are junk. I say that as a recovering conspiracy-theorist myself.

P.S., I'm pretty sure Coughlin didn't impregnate any small armies of nuns. That, too, sounds like a conspiracy-theory. If only life were that simple.
    Last edited by GrimDallinger; 12-07-2018 at 10:39 PM.