Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Father Coughlin was a pro-Nazi anti Semite who played into the MI Klan's and Henry Ford's racist agendas. My dad claims that his dad worked on the crew that built the Shrine of the Little Flower (Coughlin's parish) on Woodward in Royal Oak, and that his dad told him that the good father had impregnated all the nuns there. I never met that grandfather, but from other things my dad told me, he hated unions and Catholics in general.
    Hearsay several times removed is never a great source. Coughlin had his enemies.

Now, if you had told me Francis had gay affairs, I might believe that.

Clergymen are bound to vows of obedience, poverty and chastity. They are not authorized to have sexual relations of any kind. Personally, I don't care about anyone's sexuality, as long as it doesn't hurt others. It's absolutely none of my business.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDallinger View Post
    Clergymen are bound to vows of obedience, poverty and chastity. They are not authorized to have sexual relations of any kind. Personally, I don't care about anyone's sexuality, as long as it doesn't hurt others. It's absolutely none of my business.
    When 80% of abuse cases among Catholic priests are homosexual in nature, there is a homosexual problem as well as a general mortal sin issue.