Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I SHOULD be in Iraq right now, but my flight was delayed a few days. Stuck in Hawaii, INSTEAD of Iraq for an extra 2 days? Oh the humanity!;)

Anyway, I really wanted to thank you all again. It's great to see so many amazing people who I can relate to. Take care!
    I think its great you went into the Marines, since you weren't able to get into the Navy..Good second choice.. :D

Sincerely,

RM3 Johhny Vegas

SSBNs, US Navy

Stay safe brotha, and thank you for your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    I think its great you went into the Marines, since you weren't able to get into the Navy..Good second choice.. :D

Sincerely,

RM3 Johhny Vegas

SSBNs, US Navy

Stay safe brotha, and thank you for your service.
    Thanks for that Johnny. You know what MARINES stands for, right?

My A** Rides In Navy Equipment, Sir.;)

Although I've also heard the arguement from my drill instructors that the Marines truly are a Department of The Navy. The Men's Department. ;)

haha it's all in good fun. I loved my time on the USS Boxer, sailors are good people. Take care!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

BSR

Although I've also heard the arguement from my drill instructors that the Marines truly are a Department of The Navy. The Men's Department. ;)

haha it's all in good fun. I loved my time on the USS Boxer, sailors are good people. Take care!

ouch...:(

Carry on Marine.. :D

ouch...:(

Carry on Marine.. :D
    lol. I can't believe you've never heard that, it's an old one. Kinda like the acronym for the ARMY: Ain't Ready for the Marines, Yet.

I got a million of 'em. Try the veal and be sure to tip the waitress. :p

Personally on a serious note, for some reason I get along with sailors the best out of all the other branches. I've got friends in the Air Force and Army, but generally speaking I find sailors the easiest to talk to when you need to get something done, at least most times. I never understand why we in the military tend to pump up our branches and bicker over them, it's kinda dumb seeing as how we all have the same boss and basically similar missions.:D

BSR
    lol. I can't believe you've never heard that, it's an old one. Kinda like the acronym for the ARMY: Ain't Ready for the Marines, Yet.

I got a million of 'em. Try the veal and be sure to tip the waitress. :p

Personally on a serious note, for some reason I get along with sailors the best out of all the other branches. I've got friends in the Air Force and Army, but generally speaking I find sailors the easiest to talk to when you need to get something done, at least most times. I never understand why we in the military tend to pump up our branches and bicker over them, it's kinda dumb seeing as how we all have the same boss and basically similar missions.:D
    Oh I've heard them all brotha.. :D

Of course you get along with Sailors better. Army grunts are to dumb to understand anything, and Air Farce airman are Starbucks drinking 9-5 workers. :D (We wont get into the puddle pirates)

Nothing wrong with giving each other shit. Cause when the shit hits the fan, each branch is there for each other. I got first hand knowledge of that when Marines, Army and Navy guys fought back to back in Tijuana back in 95.. Apparently I started it according to Shore Patrol and my CO, but It was the locals who wanted trouble..

Oh I've heard them all brotha.. :D

Of course you get along with Sailors better. Army grunts are to dumb to understand anything, and Air Farce airman are Starbucks drinking 9-5 workers. :D (We wont get into the puddle pirates)

Nothing wrong with giving each other shit. Cause when the shit hits the fan, each branch is there for each other. I got first hand knowledge of that when Marines, Army and Navy guys fought back to back in Tijuana back in 95.. Apparently I started it according to Shore Patrol and my CO, but It was the locals who wanted trouble..
    I haven't heard of the fighting in TJ in 95, what's the store there? I'm intrigued now.:D

BTW, I never go as far as to call Army Stupid or Air Force Starbucks addicted, but if the shoe fits....lol.
    Of course, we've got guys in the Marine Corps and Navy as well who've lets just say come very far from the Island Hopping days of WW2 and the frozen Chosin. A lot of times I feel like if Chesty Puller were alive today he'd be pissed off at many of us. :mad:

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Good on Ya Sir. Godspeed.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Good on Ya Sir. Godspeed.
    Thank you very much kind sir. I just hope I'm not outta my element.;)

The big Cheese

Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

The big Cheese
    Stay safe bud.
    Did the big push the first time around.
    What ever you do get baby wipes if ya can.
    Just trust me.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.