1. #1 A nice story about vets finally going home 
    Laid to rest after 77 years: Dozens of sailors who died on board USS Oklahoma during Pearl Harbor are FINALLY being laid to rest after their remains are identified through DNA tests

Seventy-seven years after the Japanese launched an infamous surprise assault on Pearl Harbor, members of the US military who died in attack are finally being laid to rest.

On December 7, 1941, a fleet of Japanese fighter pilots descended on the US Naval base in Hawaii, and in less than two hours, 2,400 Americans had been killed in the devastating attack.

The tragedy at Pearl Harbor would mark the beginning of the US' involvement in the Second World War, but only now, nearly eight decades on, are some of the families bereaved by disaster set to receive closure.

In 2015, the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing in Action Accounting Agency exhumed nearly 400 sets of remains from the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii, after determining advances in forensic science and genealogical help from families could make identifications possible
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-closure.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I visited the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor in 2006. I was unaware that the sailorsí bodies were still entombed inside the sunken ships. It changed everything about the experience for me. I did not know, until the guide told us on the short boat trip out to the memorial.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    They were not removed due to fear of causing an explosion using torches since many were trapped in areas that had ordinance scattered about, that was what I once read. There were people still alive and tapping on the hull trying to communicate, there just wasn't anyway to get to them. The water was full of fuel oil around the ships so I can understand the concern about using torches early on. By the time it was safe again there was no hope finding any survivors. One reason I don't forget the sneak attack. It would still have been a sneak attack even if the Japs had managed to deliver their declaration on time, the fleet still would have been under attack already. It bothers me today to hear people wring their hands and cry over dropping the atomic bombs on Japan, they were heathen butchers then about the same as these raghead muslims, they got exactly what they deserved for all the cruel killings and treatment of all nationalities they encountered. Today Japan is a much different society than then and you can thank those two bombs that got their minds right.