Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Starbucks’ new bathroom policy not working out as hoped 
    Starbucks’ new bathroom policy not working out as hoped

It has been 7 months since the famous purveyor of caffeinated confection, Starbucks, declared their bathrooms “open to the public” without the need to purchase their products.

Data suggests that the virtue signaling isn’t working out as well as hoped by the corporate leaders. A New York Post team investigated several Manhattan bathrooms and found that there wasn’t an open stall.

…A half-dozen toilets were locked or barricaded for no clear reason. Others were closed for prolonged “cleaning,” which an insider said was needed after extreme soiling caused by drug-using, incontinent vagrants.

“Letting everybody in has resulted in nobody getting in,” an employee at one branch fumed.

“Rest Room closed,” declared signs at 399 Seventh Ave. (entrance on West 32nd Street) and at a branch at Pearl Street and Maiden Lane. At 252 W. 31st St., the road to relief was blocked by garbage cans. Furniture and boxes formed a barrier at 61 W. 56th St.

A rope and traffic cones barred the way at 38 Park Row. When a desperate visitor asked if the loo would reopen any time soon, a barista directed him to a Dunkin’ Donuts nearby.
    Why would the bathrooms need “prolonged cleaning”? Perhaps the experience of the Seattle shops provides an explanation:

Several Starbucks workers in Seattle say that they’re encountering hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day and that they’ve had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

Three employees at the coffee giant in northern Seattle told the local news station KIRO 7 that visitors would dispose of the needles in store restrooms, often in tampon-disposal boxes, and that workers would then come in contact with them while cleaning and were sometimes accidentally poked.

KIRO 7 said the three employees provided hospital, pharmacy, and insurance receipts showing that they took antiviral medications to protect against HIV and hepatitis after being poked by needles at work.
    How was this not a predictable consequence of this new policy?! Don't Starchucks' execs know what the sacred homeless have done on the sidewalks and in park playgrounds in major cities (SF is far from unique, other than the degree of the problem!)? On top of more and better training for new baristas - a chronic problem with Starchucks - Starchucks needs to send its execs to stores located in "gritty" areas for some first-hand janitorial experience. Make them learn and experience the consequences of their stupidity.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

They got their utopian wet dream: shared misery. If the sacred homeless cant use the bathrooms, then nobody can. Equality for all!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Power CUer
    Have they rescinded the policy yet?

But this provides a simple test. Those who knew this would fail: Congrats. You PASS.
    Those who are surprised it failed: You are a FUCKING IDIOT.

There are lessons we learned in Detroit a long time ago, and Seattle and Portland haven't figured it all out yet. McDonalds and other Detroit fast food restaurants only let customers use their bathrooms. They keep the door locked and you have to ask for the key at the cash register. I'm sure they make exceptions for extreme need, and I know they do for bus drivers and cops. But it does keep the bathrooms cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There are lessons we learned in Detroit a long time ago, and Seattle and Portland haven't figured it all out yet. McDonalds and other Detroit fast food restaurants only let customers use their bathrooms. They keep the door locked and you have to ask for the key at the cash register. I'm sure they make exceptions for extreme need, and I know they do for bus drivers and cops. But it does keep the bathrooms cleaner.
    Other than locking the restroom doors and customers having to ask for a key, that was Starbucks' policy - restrooms were for customers. But the non-customer in Philadelphia who cried racism and the consequent outcry was the genesis of this new policy.

If Starbucks doesn't revert to something more sane, this is going to lead to paying customers avoiding stores where restrooms are shut down due to filth and bio-hazards. They may just go to another Starbucks store, but I have a feeling that regional chains like Peets, Philz, and Dutch Bros are going to see an uptick in their business. 7-Eleven and M might, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Starbucks’ new bathroom policy not working out as hoped

How was this not a predictable consequence of this new policy?!
    Easy, because SJWs and SJW appeasers (like the Starbucks execs in this case) have no concepts of cause and effect, common sense, or basic human nature.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Drugs and syringes have become such a problem in Starbucks bathrooms that the company is installing needle-disposal boxes in certain locations

Starbucks is installing boxes for safe disposal of syringes in the bathrooms of certain locations, following workers' reports of discarded needles and sometimes concerning conditions.

The coffee giant is exploring remedies after employees expressed fears about being pricked by uncapped needles and experiencing related health risks. Starbucks is testing solutions, including installing sharps-disposal boxes, using heavier-duty trash bags to prevent needle pokes, and removing trash cans from certain bathrooms.
    Howzabout prevention ... like banning non-customers from using restrooms?!

Starbucks is installing boxes for safe disposal of syringes in the bathrooms of certain locations, following workers' reports of discarded needles and sometimes concerning conditions.
    Nice band aid fix for a bigger problem. Don't let douche bag drug users in the bathroom and you won't have the problem with discarded needles.

I despise needle exchange programs, especially the ones where a one to one exchange is required as it causes the used needles to be irresponsibly discarded by the irresponsible drug users without any regard for the rest of the public's safety.

The bleeding hearts say needle exchange make it safer for druggies. I say they are interfering with the darwin process by extending the lives of people who are too weak to kick their deadly habit and become members of normal society.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Nice band aid fix for a bigger problem. Don't let douche bag drug users in the bathroom and you won't have the problem with discarded needles.

I despise needle exchange programs, especially the ones where a one to one exchange is required as it causes the used needles to be irresponsibly discarded by the irresponsible drug users without any regard for the rest of the public's safety.

The bleeding hearts say needle exchange make it safer for druggies. I say they are interfering with the darwin process by extending the lives of people who are too weak to kick their deadly habit and become members of normal society.
    Used needles are frequently found in SF's park playgrounds, as well as in gutters and on sidewalks. SF was probably a pioneer in needle exchange programs, and those programs, predictably, morphed into needle-supplier programs.