1. #1 UCLA Professor: Too Many White Male Firefighters Out There 
    In an article printed in the Harvard Business Review, a UCLA professor argued that there are too many white male firefighters in America.

Corinne Bendersky, Professor of Management and Organizations at the UCLA Anderson School of Management, who does research on “gender bias,” posited “black firefighters still face challenges with social exclusion and explicit racism,” and “firefighters tend to default to a reductive set of traits (physical strength evaluated through strict fitness tests, for example) that serve to maintain white men’s dominance in the fire service.”

In addition, Bendersky opined that because 64% of calls for firefighters are triggered by medical emergencies, being male is often insufficient, writing, “To succeed as a firefighter, stereotypically masculine traits like brawn and courage are simply not enough. Firefighters also need the intellectual, social, and emotional skills required to deliver medical emergency aid, support each other through traumatic experiences, and engage intimately with the communities they serve.”
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/39520...aign=dwtwitter
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

the only criteria for a first responder is ability and qualifications. Has this ucla professor ever put his life on the line to protect the public?

This story reminds me of this clip from the TV series Rescue Me that was on a while back

"People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

The dimwitted professor obviously hasn't had any interactions with real firefighters. I know the local FD lowered their standards for the sake of diversity and particularly for promotions. I have a relative who some time ago was employed by a major local fire department. He took early retirement at a substantial financial loss because he said that he could no longer put his life in danger by unqualified co-workers. It's one thing when you're in an office than when you're out fighting a fire. He had risen fairly high in the ranks, but couldn't stand it anymore.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Ridiculous. Other races, and gender (women), have the same opportunity as 'white, males'. Maybe if there were better role models for other races, they would grow up wanting to protect and serve the community rather than joining gangs.

Besides, I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people don't ask a fireman to demask themselves so they can decide if they want to be saved by him!
    "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" ~ Col 3:2

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away.." ~ 2 Cor. 5:17

Mental illness on parade...

"Being a professor at a university. It's no longer just for the intelligent."
    Liberals! The real fascists.

This British-T-Word should put her life where her mouth is and screen firefighters who come when her house is ablaze.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

What I see of the DFD is pretty diverse racially. Not so much gender-wise, it's mostly male.

But they are all hot-young, old, black, white, whatever. When I lived in the city, an empty building across the street from me went up in flames. It took DFD a couple of hours to put it out completely. All the women on my block were out watching them work, as were plenty of the men, as I lived in a gay friendly neighborhood (safe for me).