Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Since it's true confessions time, my very first album (don't hate me--I was in elementary school) was this one:

OK, I loved the chord progression in "Could It Be Magic" until I realized he ripped it off from Chopin.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Since it's true confessions time, my very first album (don't hate me--I was in elementary school) was this one:

OK, I loved the chord progression in "Could It Be Magic" until I realized he ripped it off from Chopin.
    He was better then.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I started buying 45's around 58-ish, when 77 Sunset Strip premiered... Kooky, Lend Me Your Comb. The B-side was theme of the show.

My older sister used to listen to Saturday Night Fever and the Grease soundtrack. Unfortunately, I know the lyrics to albums that I have no interest in ever owning or listening to...

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar

Nothing to be embarrassed about. In addition to listening to lots of 60's & 70's rock, my parents played a lot of Manilow & Neil Diamond 8-tracks around the house in my childhood.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Now I don't feel so bad about my first album being Puppy Love by Donny Osmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    My stepfather gave me his copy of Alice Cooper - Schoolís Out with the album cover that folds out like a desk and panties. I think itís worth about $50 bucks.
    Man, I still have mine.

First album I ever bought with my own $$ was the Moody Blues "A Question of Balance".

rm -rf obama*

I have the original Velvet Underground album with the Andy Warhol banana-cover, unpeeled.

It's in a safety-deposit box along-with other vinyl treasures, bootlegs included.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    I have the original Velvet Underground album with the Andy Warhol banana-cover, unpeeled.

It's in a safety-deposit box along-with other vinyl treasures, bootlegs included.
    If you bought that Velvet Underground record in 1967, itís probably worth several hundred dollars at least.

I have a Japanese copy with an unpeeled banana cover, but itís certainly a re-issue from much later than 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    If you bought that Velvet Underground record in 1967, itís probably worth several hundred dollars at least.
    Aye, lad. 50-years on. I never unpeeled it because I already suspected Warhol would be 'something special' eventually.