Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Friday Thread - Whadja get? Whadja get?? 
    Power CUer
    I don't know what the weather is outside today. I'm still coughing and froggy, and haven't left the house since Monday. Still, Christmas was very nice.

TOTD: Did you get fun stuff? What were your favorites? My husband gave me the usual Chanel tribute (always welcome), a lovely grey cable cashmere sweater, and a big gift certificate to my favorite store, Eileen Fisher. :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter, various cool "Dad" gifts from the kidlings, Halo 3, goodies from Betty's Tea shop in Harigut England, a couple of loose movies, and the big surprise from the day before Christmas:

Pretty fancy piano stool. Mmm leather.

Banned

Something no home should be without

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I got $120, a t-shirt, $50 gift card for Outback steakhouse and a copy of the movie Forbidden Kingdom.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I got a miniature camcorder, make-up goodies from Estee Lauder, $100 gift card to Macy's and some money. :D

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    A new shaving brush and mug and some shaving soap, a new pair of fuzzy slippers (which I have to exchange for larger) and a really nice shirt. Batman the Dark Knight movie and an electric Emeril grill thingy. Nice.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    A new shaving brush and mug and some shaving soap, a new pair of fuzzy slippers (which I have to exchange for larger) and a really nice shirt. Batman the Dark Knight movie and an electric Emeril grill thingy. Nice.
    The dog was given to me by a neighbor's grandkid after she had a stroke a couple of days before Christmas. As far a real gifts, my sister in law gave me a pair of really nice Dr. Pepper Pajama Pants and a leather Dallas Cowboys Motorcycle Jacket. I can only imagine what she paid for that.

My lovely wife Yvette gave me a pair of Oakley sunglasses, a Playstation 3 and Gears of War 2. She also gave me the ultimate guy movie...Dumb and Dumber.