Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer

I had read the Tablet article a week or two ago. Lefties are skilled at infiltrating and then taking over and diverting worthwhile things. I'm not convinced the "Women's March" was ever a worthwhile thing, but it's been taken over nevertheless, for the $$ and power. I suspect the revelations of the takeover and of what its leaders are will be harmful or destructive to the "Women's March", which would suit me fine, the latter particularly. I think they're deluded lefties.

What I cannot understand is that the original founders, who were Jewish, knew from Day 1 that the newcomer-leaders were antisemitic, and in the immediate aftermath of the January, 2017 march, saw again how virulently hateful the newer leaders were. They knew in time to get the anti-Semites out or shut down the group, but did nothing. That failure to act on their knowledge is irrational to me.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    What I cannot understand is that the original founders, who were Jewish, knew from Day 1 that the newcomer-leaders were antisemitic, and in the immediate aftermath of the January, 2017 march, saw again how virulently hateful the newer leaders were. They knew in time to get the anti-Semites out or shut down the group, but did nothing. That failure to act on their knowledge is irrational to me.
    I can think of two reasons:

1. These anti-Semites were recommended by THE big guy in political activism, entertainment, etc. Michael Skolnik. (You read the Tablet article.) Who else could get big activists and Madonna to come to a march that these women wanted to have? Anger at the election and need for a big statement made these women swallow their objections. We all do this from time to time when there's a greater goal (or when our job depends on it.)

2. I think Jewish women are used to being on the victim totem pole, and, if they're outside of academics, the don't realize that this is changing. The last 3 years of the Obama administration saw the BDS movement take full force in universities. BDS (boycott, divest, sanction) is a movement to get university funding, partnerships, etc. with Israel destroyed. Several major professional scholars associations in the liberal arts and social sciences either passed or came close to passing resolutions supporting BDS. William Jacobson at Cornell has been keeping track of BDS and anti-Israel feeling on campus. He has also been documenting how anti Jewish feeling is rising on campus. Muslim student associations often fan that anti-Jewish feeling, sometimes unintentionally.

The Jewish women in the Women's March movement (especially Vanessa Wruble, who was really a founder and had reached out to Skolnik to begin with) were most likely in a bit of shock. My guess is that they thought Tamika and Carmen were an anomaly. The problem is, they are not. This women's march is going to be a test for Jewish women and for intersectionality. There will be winners and loser, and, for the first time, Jewish activists may find themselves having to take second place

I also think that the timing of the controversy is interesting. The conservative blogosphere, of course, has been aware of Linda Sarsour for a long time. It's not surprise to us to find anti-Semitism in the Women's March. But the real news about this did not hit until now, when the women were going to march again.

Let me make a guess--I could be wrong, but it's as good a guess as any.

Deep in the article are paragraphs about money. There is over a million dollars missing from the Women's March coffers. A weird arrangement of "fiscal sponsorship" put control into the hands of the Gathering of Justice (Carmen, Tamika, and Skolnik's organization for letting prisoners go free.) The Gathering was small and never made much money. The women's march was a blockbuster. I have a feeling that some folks at the Gathering wanted that money for their own cause and found a way to funnel it. We already know from the article that "Bob Bland" took Teresa Shook's Facebook page for the march (and all the women on it) and transferred it to her own URL, which she bought, and which is ostensibly making money.

Perhaps the timing of the article is an attempt by, at very least, the Jewish community (and Tablet) to starve the march of funds until the matter is settled. It's actually a good strategy. Until there is a full audit, there should be no more women's marches and no more donations. We really don't know where the money is going.

Wouldn't it be a sad joke if all these women were donating to a "women's cause" only to have their money going to put incarcerated criminals back on the streets through the Gathering? Nothing like a woman's money going to put a rapist back on the street. This is what intersectionality hath wrought.

One wonders if this hasn't been the whole goal of intersectionality. Women are a huge group and there is a lot of money that can be raised from them, especially those that are middle class or well off. Blacks are a much smaller group and disposable income is also much smaller. Same for poor Latinos/illegal immigrants. Maybe intersectionality is the fig leaf philosophy on top of minority activists' desire to transfer the wealth?

I can't wait to see what weird theme the marchers are gonna come up with next.