Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Never, I repeat, NEVER accept the words of the national LSM. Always go back to the regional news and to some non-affiliated source if possible. As any of these stories move from the sheriffs presser to the TV screen the bias of every individual involved, most all proggies, will be overlaid on overlay on overlay until what is broadcast turns everything backassward.

A black activist received a tip and told the sheriff that there were two people involved and they were black. It appears that this info was held back by law enforcement until they had a confession from the first arrest. Now some are twiting all over the place that mom was friends with Black and lied deliberately. Pardon my french but BS squared.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    In this society, admitting the obvious fact that the problem is not guns or skin color, but people, generally, would be like opening a supertanker full of worms. Our society doesn't want to admit - let alone contemplate - that three-letter S-Word, "SIN".
    Fallen man is unable to understand mankind's true nature so he denies it. We were born to sin and it is what we do. Accepting that as fact and laying it at the foot of the cross is our only hope. Those who cannot face this are doomed to live by their sin and to die by their sin. Very sad when you think about it.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Never, I repeat, NEVER accept the words of the national LSM. Always go back to the regional news and to some non-affiliated source if possible. As any of these stories move from the sheriffs presser to the TV screen the bias of every individual involved, most all proggies, will be overlaid on overlay on overlay until what is broadcast turns everything backassward.
    The first reports of incidents like this virtually always are substantially incorrect and incomplete. Because the MSM have the attitude that they should publish immediately and fix wrong information later. The national sources are worse than local sources, because they have less incentive to correct or to correct in a timely way. Local sources are as bad as national with initial reports (because they are the sources of the initial information), but they correct and fill in gaps quicker because they sell their papers or broadcasts to the local people affected by the incident.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Media silent after fake 'hate crime' involving the murder of a little girl, exposed
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...l_exposed.html
    I DDGed "Larry Woodruffe" and looked at the News tab. I saw articles about the arrests from ABC13 Houston, Rolling Stone, Houston Chronicle (4 articles), Fox5 Atlanta, The NY Daily News, the WashPost, UPI, the NY Post, and a couple more TV stations (Houston and Helena, MT).

An article titled "Media Silent About ________" is clickbait and almost always false (of the dozens I've checked out the past few years, I think I found one that specified "national" media that was correct). That American Thinker would stoop to clickbait that is easily proven false disappoints me. I go there infrequently these days, due to personal bandwidth, but they used to be a very good news/commentary source.

Power CUer

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

I DDGed "Larry Woodruffe" and looked at the News tab. I saw articles about the arrests from ABC13 Houston, Rolling Stone, Houston Chronicle (4 articles), Fox5 Atlanta, The NY Daily News, the WashPost, UPI, the NY Post, and a couple more TV stations (Houston and Helena, MT).

An article titled "Media Silent About ________" is clickbait and almost always false (of the dozens I've checked out the past few years, I think I found one that specified "national" media that was correct). That American Thinker would stoop to clickbait that is easily proven false disappoints me. I go there infrequently these days, due to personal bandwidth, but they used to be a very good news/commentary source.
    I think the author was referring to the fact that not a lot of attention was given to the mistaken identity angle. (He mentions this further on in the post.) The arrest was reported and the media went silent after reporting the arrest. I have not seen, for example, any apologies by the media or the activists for targeting the actual innocent guy in the artist's sketch. While the title may be clickbait (although this was American Thinker which is not often known for that), the amount of press coverage given when it fit the "racist whitey" narrative vs the actual coverage of the truth is decidedly lopsided. I would also bet serious money that this case is sparsely covered, if at all, in the future. You know if the perp were the white guy in the sketch, there would be non-stop coverage--like Zimmerman.

Also, social media just suspended Mark Dice for pointing out the mistaken identity angle and the hypocrisy of Talcum X and Black Lies Matter who were in full verbal riot mode until they found out that the killer was actually black. No apologies there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I think the author was referring to the fact that not a lot of attention was given to the mistaken identity angle. (He mentions this further on in the post.) The arrest was reported and the media went silent after reporting the arrest. ...
    This is the strangest "Media Silence" I've ever seen, even if you move the goalposts from saying nothing at all to silence about the mistaken identity:

From Rolling Stone, the first paragraph

The Harris County Sheriff’s Department outside Houston, Texas, has arrested two suspects in the murder of seven-year-old Jazmine Barnes, who was fatally shot on December 30th in what was initially believed to be a random “racially motivated” attack. Eric Black Jr., 20, was taken into custody on Saturday, January 5th, and charged with capital murder, while Larry Woodruffe, 24, was arrested the following day; according to authorities, Woodruffe is believed to be the shooter, but charges are still pending. Black and Woodruffe are both black. During the nearly week-long manhunt, police described the suspect as a bearded white man in his forties, driving a red pickup truck, and released a sketch based on witness accounts.

ABC13, Houston

The biggest question remains about who the man in the suspect sketch is that Jazmine's sisters described.

Deputies believe that person may have been a bystander at the crime scene and may have been the one driving a red pickup truck.

Houston Chronicle, "Why the sketch of Jazmine Barnes' alleged killer didn't match the suspects in her death"

While two suspects have been identified in the shooting death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, many people are still questioning why the initial sketch of the possible suspect looked completely different.
    Last Thursday, the Harris County Sheriff's Office released a sketch of the suspect showing a thinly built white male in his 30s or 40s with sunken cheeks and a stubble beard. At the time, police said they believed the shooter fled the area in a red pickup truck.

Activists claimed that the child's death could have been racially motivated. However, the person now charged in the child's death, Eric Black Jr., is a 20-year-old black man who was arrested while driving a different car on Saturday.

WashPost

Many, including Merritt, speculated that the crime was racially motivated based on early witness accounts of the suspect — who was described by authorities as a “thin white man” in his 30s or 40s. Black is African American, as was Jazmine.

“The family is still really grateful that it seems law enforcement has identified the shooter,” Merritt told The Washington Post on Sunday morning. “However, all the information up until yesterday has been that the shooter was an older white male in a red truck, that came from not only one of the victims, 15-year-old Alexis, but from an eyewitness nearby.”

He added, “We had at least four independent witnesses who believed the shooter in this situation was a white male. . . . To learn that it wasn’t, isn’t disappointing, but it is surprising.”

New York Daily News

For days, police had been searching for a different suspect — a white man driving a red pickup truck. King said four “credible” witnesses reported seeing the man drive off.

One of those witnesses was one of Washington’s daughters. Washington told KTRK that a description given by one of her daughters was accurate, and the sheriff said during Sunday’s news conference that the family likely saw a driver matching that description before the shooting took place.

"It wasn't a figment of her imagination," Washington told the TV station. "Because when we looked at the cameras they saw the red pickup truck and the gentleman in it and it was a white guy."

Family and community activists had said they believed the death was racially motivated. But the pickup truck driver, who is now known to investigators, turned out to be a witness who sped away in fear of his own life, King said.

UPI

Investigators released a sketch of the suspect, who was depicted as a white man in his 40s. The two suspects are black. Authorities now believe the pickup driver, from which the sketch was made, was actually just a fleeing witness.

ABC News

For days authorities had said they were hunting for a white man in a red pickup truck, based on a description given to investigators by Jazmine's 15-year-old sister, Alxis Dilbert, who was riding in the front seat of her mother's car when the shooting occurred and other independent witnesses, including one who briefly followed the red truck, Gonzalez said.

New York Post

“At this point, it does not appear it was related to race,” Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

Police last week released a sketch of a suspect that showed a white man in his 40s, but said information they received on Saturday made them change course. Both suspects in custody are black.

“We were focused first on the description of an Anglo male, a pickup truck and then eventually the composite that came up,” Gonzalez said Sunday.
    So I stand by what I said previously. The article title is false (not misleading or overstated) clickbait. When 5 or 10 seconds of very simple search engine use suffices to show the article is false, it's pathetically false (or maliciously, your choice).

Today’s notes from the HC

Larry Woodruffe, the second suspect and accused gunman in the drive-by shooting that killed 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes on Dec. 30, has been charged with capital murder, according to court records on Tuesday.
    Woodruffe, 24, has been in the Harris County jail in lieu of $100,000 bail since Saturday when he was arrested for possession of drugs during a traffic stop.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

The Waterbury Republican posted an Associated Press article about the shooting today.

The article must have been written by the usual race baiters.

Talcum X was described as the person who tipped off the police. His initial reward offer requested information on this "hate crime"

A Deric Muhammad, also an "activist" stated "We are still heartbroken at then thought of a 7-year-old innocent child losing her life in such a violent way.

He continued "We are no less heartbroken that the person(s) currently charged with this crime are "black"; not white".

(Punctuation from the AP article)

I'm sorry he's heartbroken that a white person couldn't be charged with the killing.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys