Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So the IWC has even declared the Sea Shephard organization terrorists.
    Uhhhh….so what does his statement matter? You act as if the guy speaks with some authority...the same authority you deny.

    I said

    Quote Originally Posted by M21
    So the point of an IWC would be what in this case?
    And you responded
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's a feel good organization with pretty much no power.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Your joking right? Because by your definition throwing acid at people isn't violent. Sinking manned ships at sea isn't violent. EVEN GREENPEACE LABELS THE ORGANIZATION AS A VIOLENT ORGANIZATION!
    You realize that Orange Juice is "acid" right?
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,078
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Uhhhh….so what does his statement matter? You act as if the guy speaks with some authority...the same authority you deny.

    I said


    And you responded
    The point is that the people that they are championing won't have anything to do with them, yet your still claiming that their right in all that they do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The point is that the people that they are championing won't have anything to do with them, yet your still claiming that their right in all that they do.
    How many whales will Greenpeace save this year?

    I'll help you out. ZERO

    The Sea Shepherd Society is not a protest group. I don't know if you know that? They are not there to protest or wring their hands, cry and take pictures of atrocities. They also don't go door to door raising money because the truth sells its self. I've seen that time and time again.

    Good people are tired of Governments that do nothing to protect their resources.

    As an Australian I would expect that Sonnabend would be somewhat conscience of this. Wait until all the sharks haved been killed by finning them on the Great Barrier Reef.
    Last edited by M21; 12-31-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #65  
    Happy New Year. I'm going skiing :D See ya in a couple of days.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #66  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,078
    Alright, last post I'm going to make in this thread, because arguing with you is like arguing with a DUmmie. There is no point in it.

    The definition of Piracy.

    a) any illegal acts of violence or detention, or any act of depredation, committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or a private aircraft, and directed:
    (i) on the high seas, against another ship or aircraft, or against persons or property on board such ship or aircraft;
    (ii) against a ship, aircraft, persons or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any State;
    (b) any act of voluntary participation in the operation of a ship or of an aircraft with knowledge of facts making it a pirate ship or aircraft;
    (c) any act of inciting or of intentionally facilitating an act described in subparagraph (a) or (b).
    As per the UNCLOS of 1982.

    the act of boarding any vessel with an intent to commit theft or any other crime, and with an intent or capacity to use force in furtherance of that act.
    As per the International Maritime Bureau.

    Both of those the Sea Shepherd Organization has admitted to doing. Not only that, but they've been filmed doing so, or attempting to do so in the show Whale Wars.

    The International Whaling Commission has denounced their tactics as acts of terrorism, and rejected them as official observers of whaling activities, so they don't even have that semblence of authority.

    Three soveriegn nations have deregistered their ships, refusing to let them fly their flags.

    Canada seized their flag ship (and arrested and tried her crew) for ramming one of their Coast Guard vessels while they where attempting to break up the ice pack underneath the feet of seal hunters (an action that you claim is not violent), and still currently holds it.

    Iceland has declared Captain Paul Watson Persona Non Grata.

    Greenpeace has denounced the organization.

    The Sea Shepherd member largely held responsible for the sinking of two Icelanding Whaling vessels has a five-count indictment against him for the use of unregistered explosives, extortion and threats to interfere in interstate commerce and interstate transportation, to commit arson, theft and destruction of government property, and for receiving stolen property.

    Great Britain has issued warrants for the arrest of 3 members of the Sea Shepherd organization. They are now wanted by INTERPOL.

    Members of the organization that have been found guilty of crimes committed while protesting anti-sealing activities in Canada have fled the nation refusing the pay the fines imposed by the courts.

    The list can go on and on about these people, and the crimes they've committed, but I'm going to stop here.

    You can keep spinning this all you want, but don't expect me to reply, I've presented more then enough to prove that these people are exactly what I say they are, and I won't waste anymore time with someone who will truck with pirates and terrorists.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #67  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    So, the answer to all of my questions is yes. Oh and you, sir, are a craven liar. The Sea Shepherd crew has used violence, is proud of it, and will continue to do so.

    Deliberately sinking ships is an act of violence.

    Djones nailed you for who and what you are.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #68  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Oh FFS.

    It's because of anti fur and animal rights nut WACKJOBS that I had to have the police fill out a criminal report on our house after someone fucked with our phones. It's because of people like that, that we have to get threat briefings from the FBI and warn our kids to take special measures. It's because of a bunch of assholes that equate human life with the lives of a fucking lab rat that we have not been able to have a published phone number for the last 6 years.

    Fuck 'em with a big red hammer.

    I hope thay have the balls to die kicking and screaming in pain rather than using narcotics tested on animals that might help 'em.
    The case of the animal liberation front or earth liberation front, they have been labeled as environment extremist terrorists by the FBI. They are endangering even their own neighbors for the sake of animals.

    This one I disagree.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #69  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    221
    I will point out some facts below but I believe some seniors who experience both Reagan’s administration and Bush’ administration will know much better than me. Apparently, the policies toward the whaling moratorium are quite different under the President Reagan’s administration and under President Bush’ administration.

    First off, I do not understand why a stance in defending international whaling moratorium would classify one as ecoweenies, environuts, or tree huggers. Because, President Reagan initiated and supported an indefinite moratorium on commercial whaling. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=44097.

    Japan is a member of IWC and therefore is adhered to any decisions made by the IWC. Back then in the 1980s, Japan was against the enactment of the moratorium As the United States imposed the Pelly Amendment to the Fishermen’s Protective Act of 1967 which “allowed the President to direct the Secretary of Treasury to prohibit the importation of any products from the offending countries which violate international fishery or threatened species programs,” and the Packwood Amendment to the Magnuson Fishery Conservation and Management Act which “demanded economic sanctions against any foreign countries that fishing in such a manner as to diminish the effectiveness of the decisions made by the International Whaling Commission.” Japan has chosen to withdrew its objection to the commercial whaling moratorium rather than facing trade sanctions and loss its fishing rights in the US waters. So since then, the moratorium on commercial whaling went into effect.

    Yet, nowadays Japan is trying to encircle something it has agreed to by disguising its operation under “scientific or research-based” whaling operations, and they are arguing that the meat from the whales will be sold commercially to support the research. In my opinion, the Japanese is wrong in this case because the moratorium is still in effect and has not been overturned. They haven’t won the majorities of votes yet. President Reagan understood well that the next war will be on trades. If now the Japanese win the votes and the moratorium is overturned, then it means that the United States loses the trade war.

    Sea Shepherd maybe condemned under Japanese law or maritime law. Still, for me, the Japanese should stop first and begin to obey the moratorium which they themselves have agreed to in 1986.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #70  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Peaceful protest / opposition = fine by me. Believe what you will, freedom means the right to protest and to dissent.

    Violent protest / sink ships / threaten lives..you're an eco terrorist and belong in jail.

    The fact no one has yet died is more to luck than good planning. One of these days, they will take a life. Then it's murder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •