1. #1 It suprises me, the overt and shameless cruelty 
    DU hypocrisy at it's finest.

link

irisblue (15,824 posts)

It suprises me, the overt and shameless cruelty

Source>>https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/u...-marianna.html

Long and sad article at source

snip..."Though Mr. Trump said on Twitter over the weekend that “most of the workers not getting paid are Democrats,” that is far from true in places like Jackson County, Fla., where Marianna is the county seat. It is a Republican bastion so deeply conservative that it was illegal to sell liquor by the drink until November 2017. The president and his plan for a wall along the border are popular here, as they are across much of the state, which might explain why Florida Republicans in Congress have done little to pressure party leaders in the Senate to put an end to the shutdown."

snip>>"A few miles away, another prison employee, Crystal Minton, accompanied her fiancé to a friend’s house to help clear the remnants of a metal roof mangled by the hurricane. Ms. Minton, a 38-year-old secretary, said she had obtained permission from the warden to put off her Mississippi duty until early February because she is a single mother caring for disabled parents. Her fiancé plans to take vacation days to look after Ms. Minton’s 7-year-old twins once she has to go to work.

The shutdown on top of the hurricane has caused Ms. Minton to rethink a lot of things.

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."

That woman,a single parent with twins & disabled parents, wants more pain to be applied to other Americans.

I'm gobsmacked.
    lunasun (15,664 posts)

2. Spoken like a true deplorable - "He's not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."
    Grammy23 (4,059 posts)

6. So just who does she think should be the ones he hurts??

Evidently she was not paying attention when he campaigned. He said hurtful things about dead military heroes, their surviving families, disabled people, anyone who disagreed with him, the news media, women.....a long list of people who were targeted by him.
    dalton99a (31,781 posts)

7. Perfect example of a Trumpanzee
    irisblue (15,824 posts)

9. She has so much

Apparently healthy kids, her parents, while disabled, are alive, a loving and caring relationship, friend group. And she wants others to suffer. I just do not understand that worldview...
    underpants (138,934 posts)

10. It's pretty stark but she's not alone

It's not just that she wants more, she'll stay where she's at if she can see people punished for something. It's sad.
    DUers daily say worse things about what they want to happen to anyone who supports President Trump and I've NEVER seen anyone on DU tell them it's inappropriate, cruel or mean or tell them to stop it. They simply pile on.

Why is Trump any more obligated to surrender than is Miss Nancy?

BTW, when the Dems and their MSM shills speak of the wall as "Trump's Wall" keep this law in mind. I wonder how many Ds voted for it (possibly HilLIARy?) and who.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Once this shutdown is over, R's should propose a change to procedure, where the first people who stop getting paid in a shutdown are the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches. Dollars to doughnuts says we would never have another one. Same bet says none of the R's have the backbone to propose such a thing.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Once this shutdown is over, R's should propose a change to procedure, where the first people who stop getting paid in a shutdown are the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches. Dollars to doughnuts says we would never have another one. Same bet says none of the R's have the backbone to propose such a thing.
    If they could get some bipartisan support, this could work. I agree with you on your proposal and I think it would have the intended effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    BTW, when the Dems and their MSM shills speak of the wall as "Trump's Wall" keep this law in mind. I wonder how many Ds voted for it (possibly HilLIARy?) and who.
    Oh, my, guess what I found:

House Roll Call Vote: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/roll446.xml

Senate Roll Call Vote: https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00262

And, yes, HilLIARy did vote for it. As did, surprisingly to me, both Senator DiFei and Senator Bouncer.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!