Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Saturday Thread: Schedules 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Damp but warming on the mountain.

Christmas was nice. Family get togethers. Visits with friends. A couple of days off from work and now it's the weekend. Today will be busy. A short early trip and then groceries and a couple of errands and that's pretty much it.

I have to work some Saturdays but usually the weekend means I have two days of generally unstructured time. Little or no schedule. I love it.

TOTD: Schedules. I despise them. I also use them. At work, I have certain workloads to complete and deadlines to make and I use scheduling to see that the work gets done. This is a necessity.

But on days when I choose what i do, like the weekend, I also get to choose when and how I do it. Some days, I stay in and watch movies or sports or read and study and do what I want. Some days I have errands or something and that requires doing certain things at certain times. But usually I do things according to my own sense of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omwpY42J1Fk

Vacations are pretty much the same. For a vacation, I plan when we leave and when we get back and very little if anything else. My vacations are on Island Time. :D

I pretty much despise schedules. I use them when I have to, but avoid them whenever I can.

It's the weekend, or vacation. Do you plan, or do you play by ear?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Happy Saturday.

TOTD: I work alot of calender weekends, in exchange for time off during the week. But when it's my weekend, I pretty much play it by ear.

Vacations are a little different, as there are planes to catch and stuff, so need to have a limted schedule...but the rest of the trip, I just wing it...

TOTD: I usually play it by ear, unless there's something big going on, in which case I'll of course fit that into my plan for the day, weekend, or whatever.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Warm (65) and muggy here in St. Louis and we have Tornado Watch
    in effect till noon.

This weekend, not much scheduled at all, we don't have to be anywhere
    and we DID NOT go near the malls yesterday. :D We did watch the
    Golden Compass last night.

And I took Monday off so it's an extended weekend.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Woo Hoo! It's Snow City in the high country and everybody with one good leg has hit the slopes the past few days. It's perfect Christmas skiing weather.

TOTD: I plan pretty much everything. I'm incredibly lazy. Left to my own devices, I'd run out of time to get anything done. I can stare at a wall for 20 minutes and be perfectly absorbed in my own thoughts so planning is a must for me. At work, we live and die on meticulous planning and scheduling. You can't just pull an air quality sample when the mood strikes you.

I don't take servant-fueled spa vacations in exotic places. We always have projects going on or else I'm doing something outdoorsy. This means getting all of the regular stuff done and out of the way early. Scheduling doesn't bother me as long there is a certain amount of alone-time scheduled in somewhere.

Well I'm back, right on schedule...:D

For me the lack of a schedule is a luxury. When we're on vacation, we have two days where schedules matter, arrival day and departure day. Other than that, we get on the island (Edisto) get a tide chart for beach walking, and pretty much just chill out. MY favorite thing is to sit on the balcony and watch the marsh. Always an abundance of birds and dolphins in the creek and river. Clouds drift by. When we get hungry we go to the Sea Cow for a burger or I ride my bike down to the dock to buy fresh caught shrimp to cook.

Drinking wine and eating cheese. Walking the beach when we feel like it. Rejoicing in the fact that I don't fish or play golf.

We do like to get in a thirty or forty mile bike ride in the mornings before the heat kicks in.

I do love island time. There it's called Edislow

Are we talking schedules or shedules (paging bijou :D).

I never could undestand why the Brits insisted on making the c silent.
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Are we talking schedules or shedules (paging bijou :D).

I never could undestand why the Brits insisted on making the c silent.
    They probably learned it in shool. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Well I'm back, right on schedule...:D

For me the lack of a schedule is a luxury. When we're on vacation, we have two days where schedules matter, arrival day and departure day. Other than that, we get on the island (Edisto) get a tide chart for beach walking, and pretty much just chill out. MY favorite thing is to sit on the balcony and watch the marsh. Always an abundance of birds and dolphins in the creek and river. Clouds drift by. When we get hungry we go to the Sea Cow for a burger or I ride my bike down to the dock to buy fresh caught shrimp to cook.

Drinking wine and eating cheese. Walking the beach when we feel like it. Rejoicing in the fact that I don't fish or play golf.

We do like to get in a thirty or forty mile bike ride in the mornings before the heat kicks in.

I do love island time. There it's called Edislow
    Sounds relaxing.

Too many scheudles can quickly turn a day off or vacation into what feels like a second job!

On the weekends, it's all by ear. Usually just mow the grass and do yardwork Saturday morning, then either go work my part time job (delivering pizzas :D) or head to the beach if the wife has the day off.

Vacations: I usually plan the itinerary for travel and then it's all by ear. I generally only go back to Pennsylvania during Spring Gobbler turkey season for a 3 day hunting trip with dad & some trout fishing or during the fall for Bear and Buck seasons.

I'm planning a good vacation for when I get home from Iraq though. We've got a 96 the weekend I get home so me and the wife are probably going to skirt off to another island, maybe Maui. Just a nice 4 days off, no phones and the kids are staying home.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke