Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 California Democrats made plastic straws hard to get. Are paper receipts next? 
    Just because they can....

We’ve all been there. We go to a grocery store or pharmacy, buy an item and walk away with a receipt as long as the Nile River.

One California lawmaker says enough is enough.

Assemblyman Phil Ting, D-San Francisco, unveiled a plan on Tuesday to take the state off of printed receipts. Under Assembly Bill 161, businesses would have to give customers electronic receipts if they don’t ask for physical copies.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...224089965.html

it's more about showing us lowly subjects that they are in charge and in control of our lives than it is about saving the planet.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Power CUer
    San Diego just outlawed Styrofoam yesterday (within the city limits). The usual suspects plus rich LaJolla vaginas who don't like litter on the beach. It has never occurred to them to fight for enforcement of littering laws.

The Styrofoam ban will put lots of small businesses (like takeout restaurants) out of business.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...108-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    San Diego just outlawed Styrofoam yesterday (within the city limits). The usual suspects plus rich LaJolla vaginas who don't like litter on the beach. It has never occurred to them to fight for enforcement of littering laws.

no, it never does occur to them to go after the small percentage of violators rather than punish everyone else for the bad behavior of a few. The recent plastic bag ban is a perfect example of everybody suffering because a few douchbags can't understand the concept of using a trash can.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    no, it never does occur to them to go after the small percentage of violators rather than punish everyone else for the bad behavior of a few. The recent plastic bag ban is a perfect example of everybody suffering because a few douchbags can't understand the concept of using a trash can.
    We’ve had the plastic bag ban here in Austin for several years now. I’m always glad to see the smaller businesses who have completely ignored it. The Austin city council are San Francisco level libtards.

I really don't see a problem with this, or the straw thing. We have become a throw away society completely obsessed with convenience and little regard to taking care of things for the long run. Our ancestors lived just fine without plastic cups, straws, bags, etc. As for the receipts, as a society we have reached a level of technology where paper receipts aren't really needed. So, why waste?
    "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" ~ Col 3:2

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away.." ~ 2 Cor. 5:17

Quote Originally Posted by FaithHopeLove View Post
    I really don't see a problem with this, or the straw thing. We have become a throw away society completely obsessed with convenience and little regard to taking care of things for the long run. Our ancestors lived just fine without plastic cups, straws, bags, etc. As for the receipts, as a society we have reached a level of technology where paper receipts aren't really needed. So, why waste?
    The problem is the restrictions to our freedoms caused by politicians who like to exercise their power and control over us. Our ancestors lived just fine without motor cars, electricity and indoor plumbing. Should we let lawmakers take those conveniences away from us too because irresponsible use of them might cause harm to the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    The problem is the restrictions to our freedoms caused by politicians who like to exercise their power and control over us. Our ancestors lived just fine without motor cars, electricity and indoor plumbing. Should we let lawmakers take those conveniences away from us too because irresponsible use of them might cause harm to the planet?
    Point made.
    "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" ~ Col 3:2

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away.." ~ 2 Cor. 5:17

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

The Styrofoam ban will put lots of small businesses (like takeout restaurants) out of business.

It would be racist, inhumane and cruel to put a financial burden on litters who most likely are homeless, ( they don'r understand the trash can concept) or poor illegals or minorities.

As for the receipts I hate it when you got to a store and get 2 feet of extra paper to try to urge you to sign up for some bull shit program or to win some prize so they can sell your information.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithHopeLove View Post
    I work in the chip making industry and am not a tree hugger. But I have to admit, the amount of garbage that we put in the landfill makes me cringe just thinking about it. When you work in a clean room type environment, you may change latex gloves 50 times in a 12 hour shift. Not to mention all the expensive lint free wipes, and the elaborate packaging all of our parts arrive in. It all ends up in the landfill. And I’m just one small shop in a two football field long factory.

My snowflake niece came home from Portland for Christmas after completing her first semester in college there. Since she's been home she's convinced her parents to get a recycling bin and got my mom to buy everyone reusable straws