1. #1 Someone at the AP needs to be fired 
    DUers hear the truth and have fits. They don't think they should have to hear it and the reporter/employee should be fired.

link

RockaFowler (7,288 posts)

Someone at the AP needs to be fired

AP FACT CHECK: Democrats put the blame for the shutdown on Trump. But it takes two to tango. Trump's demand for $5.7 billion for his border wall is one reason for the budget impasse. The Democrats refusal to approve the money is another.
    I see there are people that are having fun with this awful tweet

I'm not going to copy and paste the tweets, just bring over the relevant text.

AP FACT CHECK: Bank officials put blame for the hostage crisis on the bank robbers. The robbers’ demand for “all the money you have” is one reason for the crisis. But the bank officials’ refusal to pay up is another.
    Mugger: Give me $2 million.
    Jogger: I don't have $2 million.
    Mugger: *shoots jogger*
    AP Fact Check: It takes two to tango.
    This is my favorite, though

AP FACT CHECK: Leia put the blame for the destruction of Alderaan on Darth Vader. But it takes two to tango. Vader shooting a powerful superlaser at the planet is one reason it was destroyed. Leia's refusal to tell him where the Rebel base was is another.
    Idiotic false equivalencies.

bullwinkle428 (16,386 posts)

2. While we're at it, let's not forget that NPR is pushing this same meme.
    RockaFowler (7,288 posts)

3. NY Times, too

Heck NBC News front page is a big F-U as well

View image on Twitter
    Angelo Carusone @GoAngelo

Trump DECLARES
    Pelosi, Schumer ACCUSE

Most people only read headlines. If you were one of those most people, which "side" would you infer was backed up by facts and reason tonight?

8:56 PM - Jan 8, 2019

756 people are talking about this

The other thing that bothered me was this morning on the Today Show. Kristen Welker mentioned Chuck and Nancy instead of saying Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi. It's a derogatory term that Trump uses for both of them. Why is an NBC reporter repeating that line??
    It's their names.

BumRushDaShow (37,290 posts)

5. The media dug DEEP to cherry pick something to find wrong with the Pelosi/Schumer remarks

in order to "counter" an incredible fusillade of lies... and they found nothing, so they manufactured it
    There wasn't any lies. Claiming that there were doesn't make it true no matter how many times it is said.

liberalmuse (16,922 posts)

11. I opened Twitter

And this was the first thing I saw. Absolute RAGE. The AP shat all over itself this morning for all to see.
    Proud Liberal Dem (17,933 posts)

13. I saw this in my Twitter feed this morning and quickly proceeded to lose my s**t

"two to tango"

The "both sides" take is already incredibly dishonest but this is just rage-inducing.
    Democrats are refusing to even discuss the issue much less negotiate. EVERYONE can see it for what it is.

Bengus81 (3,499 posts)

15. So AP...give Trump anything he wants so he stops acting like a two year old eh??

The Dems offered him a SHIT load of cash months ago and they wanted the dreamer act. Trump SHIT on it. Now they haven't said NO to him,they've offered up $1.3B but you figure he should just have it all??
    It's democrats acting like 2 year olds, and they have been since President Trump won. Democrats think they can stiff the Republicans by promising xyz and then backing out of it and not following through. President Trump has their number and isn't giving in.

Laura PourMeADrink (24,392 posts)

30. I am kind of surprised that no one's said this before

now. If I didn't know so much about how horrible a person Trump is and realize we'd be feeding the beast, I imagine it really wouldn't be so hard for a non-politcal type to think "hell, put an end to the shutdown and just approve the 5 billion." Not true yet, for sure, but could come to pass.

I think that the Dems should stress the fact that border money from last year hasn't even been spent. This implies Trump doesn't even really truly care about the border. A compromise could be spend all the money first, then come to me with proof a wall will help.

30. I am kind of surprised that no one's said this before

now. If I didn't know so much about how horrible a person Trump is and realize we'd be feeding the beast, I imagine it really wouldn't be so hard for a non-politcal type to think "hell, put an end to the shutdown and just approve the 5 billion." Not true yet, for sure, but could come to pass.

I think that the Dems should stress the fact that border money from last year hasn't even been spent. This implies Trump doesn't even really truly care about the border. A compromise could be spend all the money first, then come to me with proof a wall will help.
    RVN VET71 (386 posts)

31. Somebody please tell me the AP twitter-thing was hacked

I cannot believe that an established new organ like AP -- even with it's right-center bias, would make such a goddamned stupid, illogical, farcical, ugly, juvenile, did I say stupid? remark.

Seriously. The logical flaw in the statement is Trumpian, maybe Fox-worthy (sorry, Jeff). AP cannot have anyone in its hire that pathetically ignorant. Can they?
    Achilleaze (12,787 posts)

59. AP (R) puts an fugly spin on things

duly noted

Power CUer

I think that the Dems should stress the fact that border money from last year hasn't even been spent.
    The money has been committed. It will be paid out when the job is finished. So, for all intents and purposes, it IS spent.

Laura PourMeADrink sounds like one of those silly women who says, "How can my bank account be empty? I still have checks!"

When the truth hurts your narrative, the problem is not with the truth.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!