1. #1 Government Shutdown Wonít Affect Food Benefits in February 
    Power CUer
    The 47% of this nation that is freeloaders will continue to freeload....

Government Shutdown Wonít Affect Food Benefits in February
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...fits-february/

President Donald Trump directed agencies to ensure government food benefits will be dispensed in February despite a partial government shutdown.

Congress has failed to pass a funding bill that secures the border, but President Trump has secured the nutrition low-income Americans need, according to a release from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).

ďAt President Trumpís direction, we have been working with the Administration on this solution. It works and is legally sound,Ē Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said Tuesday. ďWe want to assure states, and SNAP recipients, that the benefits for February will be provided.Ē

In another day or two, this will be the longest government shutdown in history. The pain is going to start rearing itís ugly head with a second missed paycheck. Drudge is loaded with stories today.

I donít know how this is going to play out, but itís beginning to intensify. This shutdown is affecting real people. This could get really nasty. Who will blink first?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    In another day or two, this will be the longest government shutdown in history. The pain is going to start rearing it’s ugly head with a second missed paycheck. Drudge is loaded with stories today.

I don’t know how this is going to play out, but it’s beginning to intensify. This shutdown is affecting real people. This could get really nasty. Who will blink first?
    As I've stated before, I have a friend who is high up on the GS payscale at a Federal agency in the DC area. She is the only breadwinner; her husband takes care of the kids. He also does lots of home reno projects that save them a ton of money.

I called this week and asked how she was holding up. She was sick with the flu after a stressful year: her new boss has been a holy terror and her elderly mother has been ill. She told me that, financially, they can last for 6 months if they're careful and she hopes the shutdown goes on another week so she can actually knock this flu. She usually goes into work if she's sick, so staying home is a luxury for her. She doesn't understand why other Federal workers couldn't put away enough savings. She's been through the government shutdown before and was totally prepared this time. As far as she is concerned Federal workers should ALWAYS be putting aside money for a shutdown.

Good for them! Preparedness is prudence. Unfortunately, most people donít save and keep a rainy day fund for hard times.

Power CUer
    Good for them! Preparedness is prudence. Unfortunately, most people donít save and keep a rainy day fund for hard times.
    I couldn't live if I didn't have enough put aside to go 3 months. I would panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I couldn't live if I didn't have enough put aside to go 3 months. I would panic.
    Exactly ten years ago, after the great collapse of 2008, we were sent on a two month furlough. We left for Christmas and didnít come back until the end of February. I was prepared and will always remain that way for whatever may happen in the future. It becomes a frame of mind, eventually.

The company got caught flat footed with only $20 million cash in the bank. In the semiconductor industry $20 million is pocket change.

In another day or two, this will be the longest government shutdown in history. The pain is going to start rearing itís ugly head with a second missed paycheck. Drudge is loaded with stories today.

I donít know how this is going to play out, but itís beginning to intensify. This shutdown is affecting real people. This could get really nasty. Who will blink first?
    That which hits the fan is not evenly distributed. My two bits is America is screwed no matter how this turns out. If Trump gives in and opens things up without a boarder wall, his support crumbles, which hurts not only his re-election possibilities, but will embolden the Dems to make the next two years even worse on him and us then they already plan to. If Pelosi and Schumer give in and say they will provide the money (don't count on nothing until the check clears the bank), moonbats are going to riot, figuratively and literally. If the shutdown continues, furloughed government employees are probably going to riot, maybe just figuratively, maybe literally, regardless of their ideology.

My fear is that the US is too far gone to repair. We may be at a spot where the building needs to be condemned, tore down, hopefully replace the foundation with the original one, and rebuild.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    That which hits the fan is not evenly distributed. My two bits is America is screwed no matter how this turns out. If Trump gives in and opens things up without a boarder wall, his support crumbles, which hurts not only his re-election possibilities, but will embolden the Dems to make the next two years even worse on him and us then they already plan to. If Pelosi and Schumer give in and say they will provide the money (don't count on nothing until the check clears the bank), moonbats are going to riot, figuratively and literally. If the shutdown continues, furloughed government employees are probably going to riot, maybe just figuratively, maybe literally, regardless of their ideology.

My fear is that the US is too far gone to repair. We may be at a spot where the building needs to be condemned, tore down, hopefully replace the foundation with the original one, and rebuild.
    As much as I want you to be wrong, Iím afraid that you may be right.