Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Evangelicals Think LGBT People Shouldn't Be Protected From Lynching 
    link

TexasTowelie (58,037 posts)
    Evangelicals Think LGBT People Shouldn't Be Protected From Lynching

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill. The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.

The bill was introduced earlier this year by the chamber’s three African-American senators: California Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris, New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker and South Carolina Republican Sen. Tim Scott. The proposal outlines the specific act of Lynching — a mob killing without legal authority — and would add lynching to the federal list of hate crimes. Harris touted the vote on Twitter, calling the moment “history.”

The bill describes lynching as “the ultimate expression of racism in the United States” following Reconstruction and counts 4,742 overwhelmingly African-American victims reported from 1882 to 1968. It notes further that some 200 anti-lynching bills had been brought before Congress and 99 percent “of all perpetrators of lynching escaped from punishment by state or local officials.”

“Today, we have righted that wrong and taken corrective action that recognizes this stain on our country’s history,” Booker said in a statement following the vote.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2019/01/eva...from-lynching/
    Yes, let's all pretend that lynching is a huge concern today.

And let's pretend that it wasn't DEMOCRATS that began and populated the KKK who lynched not only black people but also some white Republicans who tried to protect black people.

GLBTxyz do NOT deserve any 'protections'. They have used the protections they have received in a malicious manner against anyone who isn't appropriately celebratory and worshipful of their lifestyle. And since 'lynching' isn't a thing with GLBTxyz there's no reason for it.
    Rhiannon12866 (98,432 posts)

1. Just when you think you can't be shocked any further...

Democrats are all for making sure that anything against THEIR protected groups is considered a "Hate Crime" while those groups can do ANYTHING against white people or groups they HATE and if you're lucky they're actually charged with the crime. It's time for that to end.

I don't think gay people should be lynched, but is there any historical evidence for gay people being lynched? Not black gay people, white gay people? I'm saying that because most lynchings I've read about did have black victims, and sexuality was not really an issue, race was.

I don't think anyone should be lynched period. Do I have to go the extra mile and say that sexual freaks deserve more protection from lynching than normal people?
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

TexasTowelie (58,037 posts)
    Evangelicals Think LGBT People Shouldn't Be Protected From Lynching

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.
    I've not heard of this bill, nor comments about it in the Evangelical circles in which I travel. But last I heard lynching is murder, and no Evangelical would support watering down laws against murder (make them more strict, maybe, as to penalties, but not weaken). So DU-moron TexasTowelie is lying or parroting someone else's absurd lie (so absurd that failure to recognize the absurdity is as bad as intentional lying).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

So, DU-moron TexasTowelie linked to an article whose url is similar enough his DU name as to suggest that it's TexasTowelie's blogsite. The article makes the claim, and has a picture above the article of a guy with a "Liberty Counsel" logo behind him. The article has no links, no names, nothing to support its claim, no way of fact-checking it. I went to ChristianPost.com and searched for this Senate bill, by name. I found zero, zip, and nada. Based on the picture in DU-moron TexasTowelie's linked article, I went to Liberty Counsel's website, and searched the name of the Senate bill. Again, zero, zip, and nada.

Did anyone on DU have the minimal sense to take note that the claim was unsupported, and ask for a news article or announcement from an Evangelical organization that proves the claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    I don't think anyone should be lynched period. Do I have to go the extra mile and say that sexual freaks deserve more protection from lynching than normal people?
    "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" ~ Col 3:2

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away.." ~ 2 Cor. 5:17

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Yes, because in a liberal's mind anything lacking a specific denial indicates implied consent. Common sense works for pretty much everyone but liberals.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

https://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-...-lynching-bill

snip

"The old saying is once that camel gets the nose in the tent, you can't stop them from coming the rest of the way in," he explains. "And this would be the first time that you would have in federal law mentioning gender identity and sexual orientation as part of this anti-lynching bill."

No one can or should oppose a bill that bans lynching, says the Liberty Counsel attorney, and thus it's being used as back door approach to pass legislation such as the controversial Employment Non-Discrimination Act.

"So far they've been unsuccessful over the many years in the past," Staver observes, "but this is a way to slip it in under a so-called anti-lynching bill, and to then to sort of circle the wagon and then go for the juggler at some time in the future."

snip
    The bill is a mix of posturing, setting up traps, and sneaking in precedents for future legal shenanigans. Come election time, Dems can say "look what we did to fight evil racisim!!!!11!!!", if anyone opposes the bill, either for it's pointlessness or the gender/sexuality language, those individuals will be painted as racist/homophobic, ect, and if the bill passes unchanged, somewhere down the road, some activist lawyer will pull this up to prove that federal law already supports protecting LGBTQRXYZ folks from whatever supposed discrimination he his suing some religious business/organization out of existence for.

I'm telling you, Sodom and Gomorrah's residents are looking on from the lake of fire saying "we got firebombed, and that place is still running?"
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I'm trying to figure out what purpose a Federal anti-lynching law serves. There are laws against murder: whether the murder victim is white or black, gay or straight, they are dead; whether the murder victim was shot, lynched, knifed, clubbed, or poisoned, they are dead. So enforce existing state laws against murder and keep the Feds out of the picture.

Could someone explain the error in my thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what purpose a Federal anti-lynching law serves. There are laws against murder: whether the murder victim is white or black, gay or straight, they are dead; whether the murder victim was shot, lynched, knifed, clubbed, or poisoned, they are dead. So enforce existing state laws against murder and keep the Feds out of the picture.

Could someone explain the error in my thinking?
    Logic, common sense, not wanting all-mighty gubmint legislating your every action and thought. Those are the only errors I see.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!