Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what purpose a Federal anti-lynching law serves. There are laws against murder: whether the murder victim is white or black, gay or straight, they are dead; whether the murder victim was shot, lynched, knifed, clubbed, or poisoned, they are dead. So enforce existing state laws against murder and keep the Feds out of the picture.

Could someone explain the error in my thinking?

I'm guessing that a federal law would mean an investigation by the FBI and a trial in federal court, which would take the matter out of state and local authorities' hands.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think gay people should be lynched, but is there any historical evidence for gay people being lynched? Not black gay people, white gay people? I'm saying that because most lynchings I've read about did have black victims, and sexuality was not really an issue, race was.
    No there is no evidence that gay people were lynched. Considered sinners, yes. Despised and thrown out by their own families, yes. Targeted by the police in the underground bar scene pre Stonewall, yes. But lynching, not so much. If I were black, I'd be ticked off at the homosexuals trying to equate themselves once again.

Many victims of lynching were white and some were women, especially those opposed to lynching and trying to stop it. Even a few Jews as well. But no homosexuals.

Power CUer
    I've not heard of this bill, nor comments about it in the Evangelical circles in which I travel. But last I heard lynching is murder, and no Evangelical would support watering down laws against murder (make them more strict, maybe, as to penalties, but not weaken). So DU-moron TexasTowelie is lying or parroting someone else's absurd lie (so absurd that failure to recognize the absurdity is as bad as intentional lying).
    TexasTowelie reminds me of Novaheart, who came on this board declaring that the Catholic Church was opposed to surgery, calling it mutilitation. This, of course, is generally false. There is no moral problem with most surgical procedures.

What the Church IS opposed to is the surgical cutting of perfectly healthy tissue. This the Church DOES call "mutilation". In general, plastic surgeries that are other than restorative are morally problematic. What Nova was talking about was silicone breast implants on a genetic male who, for whatever mental health reason, thinks he is female. The Church does not condone silicone breast implants on perfectly healthy tissue. This goes for women as well as men. The exception, of course, is restorative surgery after breast cancer or other injury to the breast.

What political activists are fond of doing is taking a small exception or objection and turning it into a blanket statement. That is what TexasTowelie is doing above.

False Reporting on Lynching Bill Endangers Lives

ORLANDO, FL -- Some media have falsely reported that Liberty Counsel is opposed to banning lynching, or, opposes banning lynching of LGBT people. Such reporting is false, reckless, and offensive. In fact, Mat Staver said, “No one can or should oppose a bill that bans lynching.” Staver continued, “We oppose lynching across the board for any person. Period!

“The bill in question created a list of protected categories, thus limiting the application of the law. Lynching should be prohibited no matter the person’s reason for committing this violent crime,” concluded Staver.

As an African-American, Jonathan Alexandre, Director of Public Policy for Liberty Counsel in Washington, D.C., is likewise outraged over the false narrative of the media. He said, “The systematic torture and abuse of African-Americans throughout history is this country’s greatest disgrace. Some politicians and media have tried to use this horrible history to push unrelated political agendas by hijacking a serious issue. Lynching is wrong for all people despite the reason for targeting a victim.”

Liberty Counsel has received death threats as a direct result of the false media narrative. One person, whose identity is being traced, said “All LC leaders must die.” The media and those with a political axe to grind must exercise caution when reporting or using social media. False reporting endangers lives.
    The LGBTQUVWXYZ activists lied and at least some MSM folk shilled for them.

I think a repeat of the Family Research Counsel shooting* is the aim of these activists and their MSM shills.

* If one needed/wanted an example of W'pedia bias in political-social issues, they have one single sentence about this attempted mass shooting, in the Family Research Counsel. It's unimportant to them, so no article about the shooting, no article about the shooter, Floyd Corkins, just one sentence buried deep in the FRC article.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I don't think anyone should be lynched period. Do I have to go the extra mile and say that sexual freaks deserve more protection from lynching than normal people?
    I'm trying to figure out what purpose a Federal anti-lynching law serves. There are laws against murder: whether the murder victim is white or black, gay or straight, they are dead; whether the murder victim was shot, lynched, knifed, clubbed, or poisoned, they are dead. So enforce existing state laws against murder and keep the Feds out of the picture.
    It's the same old, same old. It isn't because they NEED the special protections it's because they WANT anyone who lynches ONE OF THEIR SPECIAL protected class people to be punished more severely.

See THEY can lynch (or whatever) a White person or a Republican/conservative and when it's pointed out that it is a "hate crime" they claim it ISN'T because White People and Republicans aren't in their special protected class.

It' isn't about protecting people it is about having a weapon to use against Republicans and White people who don't agree with their politics.

I wonder if Bono and The Edge have been notified?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    It's the same old, same old. It isn't because they NEED the special protections it's because they WANT anyone who lynches ONE OF THEIR SPECIAL protected class people to be punished more severely.
    all the while they insist that they just want to be treated as straight heterosexual (normal) people are...
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    I don't think anyone should be lynched period. Do I have to go the extra mile and say that sexual freaks deserve more protection from lynching than normal people?
    Everyone has their hang-ups.
    "No, I'm not getting rid of ICE like how would we keep drinks cold"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Power CUer
    False Reporting on Lynching Bill Endangers Lives

The LGBTQUVWXYZ activists lied and at least some MSM folk shilled for them.

I think a repeat of the Family Research Counsel shooting* is the aim of these activists and their MSM shills.

* If one needed/wanted an example of W'pedia bias in political-social issues, they have one single sentence about this attempted mass shooting, in the Family Research Counsel. It's unimportant to them, so no article about the shooting, no article about the shooter, Floyd Corkins, just one sentence buried deep in the FRC article.
    I think you may be right that the aim of these folks is to create violence against their political enemies. And you are correct that the shooting at FRC did not get the wall to wall coverage that other shootings get. Remember, if it doesn't fit the narrative, it doesn't get coverage. #FakeFirst.