Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Joshua tree being torn down 
    link

The Jack*ss Party proudly claims most of the votes of criminals and gangs. They believe RULES and LAWS are for other people at worst and deciding to follow them depends on the situation at best. They champion illegal immigrants who have no regard for our laws. And California is MOSTLY DEMOCRAT.

But let some idiot cut down Joshua trees in the national park and DUers WITH NO EVIDENCE are just positive it's Trump voters.

Recursion (52,108 posts)

JFC they're cutting down the Joshua tree

https://www.axios.com/government-shu...d4074e42b.html

Vulnerable Joshua trees in Joshua Tree National Park in California have been cut down by visitors who illegally drove into areas where vehicles are banned during the partial government shutdown. As a result, the park is closed indefinitely, its superintendent said Thursday.

Why it matters: In all previous government shutdowns that affected the Department of Interior, administrations closed the parks rather than allow access unsupervised. Joshua trees already face threats of extinction from climate change.

Emily Douce, of the National Parks Conservation Association, told Vox that now-former Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke ordered to keep the national parks open during the shutdown to avoid the same criticism from 2013's shutdown.

I used to be stationed out there. I loved those trees. They'd been there for two thousand years, some of them.

You can see them for miles away; they're the only thing above knee-high. If you come from downwind you can catch the smell for over a mile: a little bit like cedar, but softer, and green, so perfectly green in that yellow-gray basin. Well, you could at least.

They cut them down and just fucking left them there. I don't know why this is hitting me so hard but it really is; I knew these exact trees, and some MAGA dipshit decided they were in the way of his fucking four wheeler.

FirstLight (9,757 posts)

4. just rude...

So many humans are just self absorbed creatures, with NO REGARD for anything in nature... assholes...
    pangaia (19,814 posts)

56. Republicans. It is who they are.
    Yet it's DEMOCRATS who leave their garbage and signs littered all over the area they are protesting and marching in. Conservatives have the area picked up better than when they arrived when they leave. That's how much the Jack*ss Party "regards nature".
    Gidney N Cloyd (16,324 posts)

6. Add another one to the growing list of metaphors for the Trump Admin.
    democratisphere (11,320 posts)

8. More drumpfian destruction!

While drumpf is bitching about security at the southern border, deplorable Americans are chopping down Ancient Joshua trees!
    highplainsdem (18,311 posts)

12. Deplorables doing as much harm as they can to upset liberals.
    k8conant (2,760 posts)

34. Deplorables destroying our land.
    MineralMan (115,599 posts)

13. Just sheer, mean stupidity and malice.

Deplorables! My anger at this kind of senseless destruction is unquenchable. Feh!
    Initech (73,366 posts)

20. This is absolutely fucking appalling.

Oh and to the Trump fans who might be lurking here - I don't give a flying rat's ass if I'm "owned" or "triggered" - fuck you, fuck your values, and fuck your president.
    Well,I don't give a flying rat's ass if you are so that makes two of us, I guess.[QUOTE]

JHB (26,120 posts)

17. It's kind of like the Taliban blowing up those ancient Buddhist statues...

An attitude of "Infidels idolize them, so getting rid of them is a positive good. And bustin' up shit is always fun."
    Like tearing down and vandalizing Confederate statues and monuments?

75% or greater chance the individuals who cut down the tree/s are LIBERALS.

They go on and on blaming conservatives knowing NOTHING about who cut them down in order to go into areas vehicles were prohibited in.

We do need some fencing material
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

The Jack*ss Party proudly claims most of the votes of criminals and gangs. They believe RULES and LAWS are for other people at worst and deciding to follow them depends on the situation at best. They champion illegal immigrants who have no regard for our laws. And California is MOSTLY DEMOCRAT.

But let some idiot cut down Joshua trees in the national park and DUers WITH NO EVIDENCE are just positive it's Trump voters.
    Well, now! If DUpipo really care about such things, maybe they should be reminded of this situation:

That steel-and-concrete wall stops most cars from speeding in from Mexico. But drug and human traffickers have switched to rural entryways into Arizona.

Thousands of people now cross on foot. They leave piles of trash, build fires, damage the park’s famous cacti and create countless trails through the fragile desert vegetation.

Park workers spend most of their time backing up Border Patrol officers and dealing with border issues.

“This tears my heart out, seeing the impacts on this place,” Organ Pipe superintendent Kathy Billings said as she surveyed a fresh track through coarse sand.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

The mess the illegals leave in their wake and the illegal pot growers on govt land don't matter to them
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We do need some fencing material
    Nice!
    "No, I'm not getting rid of ICE like how would we keep drinks cold"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hey DUmmies, exactly what proof do you have
    that a MAGA person(s) did this??? Any???

Didn't think so.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Vulnerable Joshua trees in Joshua Tree National Park in California have been cut down by visitors who illegally drove into areas where vehicles are banned during the partial government shutdown.
    I find it ironic that DUpipo are upset because people illegally entered a National Park and caused damage when the entire reason the government is shut down is because their party of choice is encouraging an massive influx of people to illegally enter the Country, some of who cause damage to the legal Citizens who live here....
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I'd only believe this if a dually was spotted mowing them down. With Trump bumper stickers, rifle rack and "truck nuts".
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

From the W'pedia article:

Joshua trees are fast growers for the desert; new seedlings may grow at an average rate of 7.6 cm (3.0 in) per year in their first ten years, then only about 3.8 cm (1.5 in) per year.[15] The trunk consists of thousands of small fibers and lacks annual growth rings, making it difficult to determine the tree's age. This tree has a top-heavy branch system, but also what has been described as a "deep and extensive" root system, with roots reaching up to 11 m (36 ft).[2] If it survives the rigors of the desert, it can live for hundreds of years; some specimens survive a thousand years. The tallest trees reach about 15 m (49 ft). New plants can grow from seed, but in some populations, new stems grow from underground rhizomes that spread out around the parent tree.

The evergreen leaves are dark green, linear, bayonet-shaped, 15–35 cm long and 7–15 mm broad at the base, tapering to a sharp point; they are borne in a dense spiral arrangement at the apex of the stems. The leaf margins are white and serrate.
    Yucca brevifolia is endemic to the Southwestern United States with populations in western Arizona, southeastern California, southern Nevada, and southwestern Utah. This range mostly coincides with the geographical reach of the Mojave Desert,[2] where it is considered one of the major indicator species for the desert. It occurs at altitudes between 400 and 1,800 m (1,300 and 5,900 ft).
    I hope the culprits are caught, but its habitat is much greater than this park. DUpipo and their source are trying to exaggerate a few beered up idiots into a MAGA-Hatted Militia destroying the last dodo.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'd only believe this if a dually was spotted mowing them down. With Trump bumper stickers, rifle rack and "truck nuts".
    Trump people are too busy at work, and the retired ones are not willing to exert themselves to drive out to the desert and fell trees. Too stupid. Wait til we find out it was an illegal alien or a native American or some pot head. DU will forget it ever happened.