Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I too think it was likely either a left- wing moron/ pothead (They make up the majority of California's population, they believe laws do not apply to them, and as we've observed, they're such "Champions of the environment" that they leave their protest areas looking like garbage dumps and smelling like port- a- potties), or an illegal immigrant (Even greater disrespect for our laws, similar tendencies to leave trash everywhere, no clue about environmental matters or park policies).

" They'd been there for two thousand years, some of them."
    WRONG!
    According to the wiki entry that SVPete posted, Joshua trees can generally only live, at most, about half that long.
    It's still an awful tragedy for centuries- old trees in a national park to be callously cut down, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't justify lying about it.

"They cut them down and just fucking left them there. I don't know why this is hitting me so hard but it really is; I knew these exact trees, and some MAGA dipshit decided they were in the way of his fucking four wheeler."
    1. If it was somebody who "Decided they were in the way of his four wheeler," he would not have left them there, as a felled tree would make an even greater obstacle for a four wheeler than a standing one would.
    2. He "Knew" the trees that were cut down?
    What, was he Facebook friends with them or something? Did he talk with them about the patterns of migrating birds and the consistency of squirrel droppings (Points if you can figure out which movie/ character I was partially quoting with the latter of those)? Brainless hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    From the W'pedia article:

I hope the culprits are caught, but its habitat is much greater than this park. DUpipo and their source are trying to exaggerate a few beered up idiots into a MAGA-Hatted Militia destroying the last dodo.
    I don't get what the big deal is either. There's a ton of joshua trees all over down there - and not just in the park.

That said, it is very uncool to cut stuff down in a national park.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    I don't get what the big deal is either. There's a ton of joshua trees all over down there - and not just in the park.

That said, it is very uncool to cut stuff down in a national park.
    It is one of the means to criticize the government shutdown. A political talking point. I'd prefer them not taken down by any means either.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender