1. #1 'IAF apparently held Iran strike drill' 
    NavySquid
    Several US officials were quoted by the newspaper as saying that it seemed the drill was an effort to develop Israel's capacity to carry out long-range strikes and to show the gravity with which Israel views the Iranian nuclear issue.

More than 100 IAF F-16 and F-15 fighter jets took part in the exercise, which was carried out over the eastern Mediterranean and over Greece, the officials said.

The drill also included IAF rescues helicopters, said the officials, adding that the helicopters and refueling tankers flew more than 900 miles, which is approximately the distance between Israel and Iran's uranium enrichment plant at Natanz.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Sonnabend
    Time to kick Iranian butt.

100 jets? The Israeli's must really mean it.
    Find out what is really happening in Europe: what the European leaders don't want you to read

http://www.free-europe.org/blog/english.php

I support victims rights

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/

NavySquid
    Quote Originally Posted by FuroraCeltica View Post
    100 jets? The Israeli's must really mean it.
    And hopefully they will be successful "... God willing." :D

Quote Originally Posted by NavySquid View Post
    Do Not worry they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySquid View Post
    With the 'up-to-the-hilt' support of the United States - how can they not be?;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Power CUer
    It is just me who thinks Iran was the target all along? If you look at a map, Afghanistan is along one border and Iraq is along the other. The closest adjacent countries to Iran's oil fields are Iraq, Pakistan (an ally) and Afghanistan. It looks like the Bush administration established staging areas for attack on the oil fields. Meanwhile, the other bordering nations are either allies or too small (Armenia and Azerbajian) to be of significance.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    It is just me who thinks Iran was the target all along? If you look at a map, Afghanistan is along one border and Iraq is along the other. The closest adjacent countries to Iran's oil fields are Iraq, Pakistan (an ally) and Afghanistan. It looks like the Bush administration established staging areas for attack on the oil fields. Meanwhile, the other bordering nations are either allies or too small (Armenia and Azerbajian) to be of significance.
    You are somewhat right there.

One of the reasons we went into Iraq was to have a presence with which to put pressure on Iran. Iraq was a menace in itself and needed to be dealt with but getting rid of Saddam was not the only reason we went there.

The whole idea was to deal the terrorist a fatal blow by eliminating the nations that supported them. Iran, Iraq and Syria were the primary sponsors of the Islamic terrorist groups.

I can't remember the moron I was arguing with on CU about a year ago about if the IAF could strike the Iranian nuclear facilities. Looks like I won that arguement.