1. #1 The Inuit Paradox 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    How can people who gorge on fat and rarely see a vegetable be healthier than we are?

By Patricia Gadsby, Leon Steele
    Patricia Cochran, an Inupiat from Northwestern Alaska, is talking about the native foods of her childhood: “We pretty much had a subsistence way of life. Our food supply was right outside our front door. We did our hunting and foraging on the Seward Peninsula and along the Bering Sea.
    “Our meat was seal and walrus, marine mammals that live in cold water and have lots of fat. We used seal oil for our cooking and as a dipping sauce for food. We had moose, caribou, and reindeer. We hunted ducks, geese, and little land birds like quail, called ptarmigan. We caught crab and lots of fish—salmon, whitefish, tomcod, pike, and char. Our fish were cooked, dried, smoked, or frozen. We ate frozen raw whitefish, sliced thin. The elders liked stinkfish, fish buried in seal bags or cans in the tundra and left to ferment. And fermented seal flipper, they liked that too.”
    Moe>http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox

"If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Oddly enough there is a connection between the Inuit and the Chinese rice farmer. Both groups spend most of their day dealing with providing themselves with the means to stay alive. They work from dawn to dusk, live from minute to minute and only eat what they can grow or hunt. From that standpoint and provable evidence, our agricultural forebears were healthier than us!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Two things about that:

1. They need more fats so as to not freeze their asses off and that way of life burns the fats and protein at a fierce rate;

2. You can get the nutrients necessary from critters, but you have to consume almost ALL of it including parts most of us don't generally touch to get all the necessary nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Two things about that:

1. They need more fats so as to not freeze their asses off and that way of life burns the fats and protein at a fierce rate;

2. You can get the nutrients necessary from critters, but you have to consume almost ALL of it including parts most of us don't generally touch to get all the necessary nutrients.
    Their forerunners also passed-along an eat when hungry, sleep when tired lifestyle when provisions were stocked, whereas their ancient Mongolian cousins opted for raising livestock, which put them on a schedule with their animals.

A schedule is where you get in-trouble, as far as weight in Arctic-climes. Nutrition-intake: I don't think it's an issue.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Just give me the taters and carrots and I'm fine

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Just give me the taters and carrots and I'm fine
    There’s the key, go grow your own. 😁

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Oddly enough there is a connection between the Inuit and the Chinese rice farmer. Both groups spend most of their day dealing with providing themselves with the means to stay alive. They work from dawn to dusk, live from minute to minute and only eat what they can grow or hunt. From that standpoint and provable evidence, our agricultural forebears were healthier than us!
    Actually if you look at facts they died 20 years sooner, it is hard to tell bullshit from facts but people live substantialy longer then they used too today.
    I believe in quality rather than quantity, years are not everything
    I refuse to be a bland tofu munching boil on society.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 01-14-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Actually if you look at facts they died 20 years sooner, it is hard to tell bullshit from facts but people live substantialy longer then they used too today.
    I believe in quality rather than quantity, years are not everything
    I refuse to be a bland tofu munching boil on society.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    The dying isn’t/wasn’t due to malnutrition but disease and danger.