Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi From California 
    Hi all. I am new here. I am a member another conservative site and read a post referencing this forum, so I thought I would come over here too! On the other site I am fishoutofwater in case there are some members from there who are members here.

I am 39...married with 2 boys who are 14 and 10. I live in the foothills of the Central Valley in one of the last conservative areas of California. I am sure it won't stay that way forever...:(

As far as my politics go, I am a conservative Republican.

I am really enjoying the forum thing and look forward to meeting new friends here!!!

Welcome aboard friend! Glad to have you here. :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Welcome! Stick around. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hello. Glad you're here. :)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Thanx for the welcome!:) I stayed up wayyyy to late reading posts last night...lol...it is so addicting. I kept telling myself...I'll just finish this one and go to sleep...then another one would catch my eye.......

Then the "DU" threads caught my attention...omgosh!!! I had read references to DU on the other forum I frequent, but had no idea how mean-spirited some of the people over there are. I ventured over there and read some of the links...it is set up so much different, that I had a hard time navigating so I didn't get much out of it, but it certainly left an "impression"...ugh

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome to CU Calif Cowgirl!!!

Yeah, our "buddies" on DU are quite a scream. :D

Enjoy!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Thanx, Sarasota!

Quote Originally Posted by Calif Cowgirl View Post
    Thanx for the welcome!:) I stayed up wayyyy to late reading posts last night...lol...it is so addicting. I kept telling myself...I'll just finish this one and go to sleep...then another one would catch my eye.......

Then the "DU" threads caught my attention...omgosh!!! I had read references to DU on the other forum I frequent, but had no idea how mean-spirited some of the people over there are. I ventured over there and read some of the links...it is set up so much different, that I had a hard time navigating so I didn't get much out of it, but it certainly left an "impression"...ugh
    So, are you a fan of soccer and pro cycling? :D

You ride a bike, don't you. Even if you don't take the whole month of July off every year to watch the Tour de France, you're still a big fan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    So, are you a fan of soccer and pro cycling? :D

You ride a bike, don't you. Even if you don't take the whole month of July off every year to watch the Tour de France, you're still a big fan, right?
    laughing! HA! Soccer??? Only if I had girls!!! JUST KIDDING! My youngest boy likes soccer and swimming and my oldest likes football. Pretty funny that the oldest is built like a swimmer and soccer player and the youngest is built like a football player, but hates it!

Cycling??? Horses are way more fun than bicycles!!! Tour de France? What is that??? j/k

I think I am going to have fun here! Thanx for the comment!!!;)

Quote Originally Posted by Calif Cowgirl View Post
    laughing! HA! Soccer??? Only if I had girls!!! JUST KIDDING! My youngest boy likes soccer and swimming and my oldest likes football. Pretty funny that the oldest is built like a swimmer and soccer player and the youngest is built like a football player, but hates it!

Cycling??? Horses are way more fun than bicycles!!! Tour de France? What is that??? j/k

I think I am going to have fun here! Thanx for the comment!!!;)

LOL.

Okay, I was trying to rope you into rooting for Lance in the Tour and Arsenal. :p:D

ARE YOU AN ATLANTA BRAVES FAN!!???!:D