Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Welcome to my world. I’ve watched this landslide build for the over 30 years I’ve seen it coming. What this country will be in 10, 20, 30 years I can’t even imagine but “the public” will have brought it on themselves with their votes so they’re welcome to it.
    You're damn right the American public is responsible for what's happening to America. When I saw a YouTube clip from Good Morning America that showed a child (6-8 yrs old) tranny strutting up and down a runway I was utterly appalled. The FBI should have been raiding that set, but instead a live audience of all ages was applauding with glee. Seeing 60+ year old ladies clapping and cheering as a child was being abused before their eyes was shocking as well as telling. I was looking at a microcosm of today's America.

We, the People, have allowed the depraved minorities dictate the norms of the masses. They coerce support for their cause with threats of everything from persecution to violence. It's been said that a Democracy is only as good as her people and it's my opinion that Americans are not very good these days.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 01-28-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I don't have children. I've been paying into Social Security since I was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Welcome to my world. I’ve watched this landslide build for the over 30 years I’ve seen it coming. What this country will be in 10, 20, 30 years I can’t even imagine but “the public” will have brought it on themselves with their votes so they’re welcome to it.
    I see too many citizens willing to kiss the foot that kicks them. What upsets me is, my grandchildren will never see the America I was privileged to grow up in. I grew up in the 50s; and it was magical. People did not lock their doors; and now I sleep with the 1911 on my nightstand. Every boy 14 or older owned a .22 rifle; and no one got shot. Well, my grandma Lula always told me: "If you don't listen, you surely will feel". -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There is little doubt, I have seen the very best of America; and now I am seeing the very worst.
    Last edited by Jimsouth; 01-28-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsouth View Post
    ------------- There is little doubt, I have seen the very best of America; and now I am seeing the very worst.
    I would disagree on both points. I watched the WWII sailors, soldiers and marines come home, lay down their arms, pick up their hammers, shovels and levels and rebuild their lives. That is and was “the best of.”
    The worst is yet to come but is evolving every day. Some conversation here reflects that when there is a discussion of democracy vs republicanism as the country irretrievably moves from the good to the bad to the ugly. We ain’t there yet but it’s right around the corner.
    Last edited by Retread; 01-28-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

The failure of social security had been shown to be inevitable since the 70s. It is the only gloom and doom scenario from the 70s that had a chance of coming true and it is the one the government has ignored. Over-population, new ice age, global warming, nuclear winter caused by Sadam setting the Kuwaiti oil wells on fire. None of it happened but the government wanted us to be prepared. However, the massive debt the U.S. has incurred since the Bush years and before was something that the powers that be felt it best to ignore. Look at what is about to happen in California over the next few years. Spending without limits cannot be sustained. I am reminded of Yeats, he may have been a prophet

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22