Thread: Whiteout

1. #1 Whiteout 
    I just looked outside - we have a whiteout.

My house is about 50 feet from the street and I can't see the street.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    I just looked outside - we have a whiteout.

My house is about 50 feet from the street and I can't see the street.
    racist
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Is the Polar Vortex heading your way? It hit St Louis today, but I didn't experience it, mainly because I stayed in the house all day.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Is the Polar Vortex heading your way? It hit St Louis today, but I didn't experience it, mainly because I stayed in the house all day.

Yes. It is very cold here especially at night with the wind chill.

I'm sure ice fishermen are happy. The ponds and lakes will be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    racist

There was a really bad one in Grand Rapids the other day. It resulted in a 24 car pileup on M-6 near my old high school.

Christmas 2017, I got caught in a bad whiteout on I-94 near Chelsea (about 15 miles west of Ann Arbor). They are terrifying to drive in. Everyone was going about 15 mph with their hazard lights on, and driving in the right lane. Except the semis-they continued driving 65 in the left lane. I pulled over at the next exit and let it pass, and found a small crowd of people doing the same thing at the truck stop. I later saw one of the semis that passed me in the median/ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There was a really bad one in Grand Rapids the other day. It resulted in a 24 car pileup on M-6 near my old high school.

Christmas 2017, I got caught in a bad whiteout on I-94 near Chelsea (about 15 miles west of Ann Arbor). They are terrifying to drive in. Everyone was going about 15 mph with their hazard lights on, and driving in the right lane. Except the semis-they continued driving 65 in the left lane. I pulled over at the next exit and let it pass, and found a small crowd of people doing the same thing at the truck stop. I later saw one of the semis that passed me in the median/ditch.
    Iíve been in that area before, but it was in August during the early 1980ís. It was beautiful. Nothing like here in Central Texas.

Banned
    I live near Bremerton WA and work in the shipyard there. I was sent home two hours early Friday on the 8th and work was curtailed Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I was taking a ride on my 4WD ATV around the neighborhood and having a ball. Gave a few people rides to where they were going and helped a few get unstuck from the snow.

I can home to see this laying across the road next to my driveway.

It took my wife and I nearly two hours to cut it up and drag it into the yard.

This morning I was riding around again and found this blocking the road.

This time while I was hacking it up with my little chainsaw a couple other guys came over to help. We got it cleared from the road in 15-20 minutes.

I want to go back to work. But until the plow passes by my house, my wife's Yaris (with chains) and my 2WD F-150 (no chains) are sitting helpless in the driveway with +8 inches of snow on the road.

Safeway is still accessible with my ATV though. :)