Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 San Francisco area restaurant bans 'Make America Great' hats 
    SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) - An award-winning cookbook author and California restaurant owner says anyone wearing a red "Make America Great Again" baseball cap will be refused service at his restaurant.

J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is a chef-partner of the Wursthall restaurant in San Mateo and says in a tweet Sunday that he views the hats as symbols of intolerance and hate.
    http://www.fox5ny.com/news/san-franc...-and-swastikas

I'm sure antifa masks and pink pussy hats are acceptable headwear in this dive....
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

2. #2 San Francisco area restaurant bans 'Make America Great' hats 
    How ironic. They see the hat as intolerance and yet they are silent when it comes to the “intolerance” demonstrated by groups like ANTIFI, BLM, Planned Parenthood, and the other thuggish groups who profess tolerance and inclusion.

Don’t hear much anymore from BLM or Colin Kaepernick. I wonder why? No stage for them any longer.

Nothing wrong with MAGA. Every wonder what the “leftists” think about America? Head to the southern border. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeandSugar View Post
    How ironic. They see the hat as intolerance and yet they are silent when it comes to the “intolerance” demonstrated by groups like ANTIFI, BLM, Planned Parenthood, and the other thuggish groups who profess tolerance and inclusion.

Don’t hear much anymore from BLM or Colin Kaepernick. I wonder why? No stage for them any longer.

Nothing wrong with MAGA. Every wonder what the “leftists” think about America? Head to the southern border. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not to worry about Colin. The liberal sports media is still claiming that he was blackballed by the owners. Similar to political media and Russian collusion.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

The guy with the MAGA hat and the chick in the pink hat have one thing in common-they are both paying for food from the restaurant-if I owned the place, that would be my bottom line.

Hats need to be taken off as one enters the place regardless of appearance. Mama said so.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Hats need to be taken off as one enters the place regardless of appearance. Mama said so.
    That is how I was raised too.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    That is how I was raised too.
    Likewise, even in California (the Central Valley, where "Berserkeley" has been a derogatory nickname for at least 6 decades).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well I guess he has a right to do it but
    that doesn't make him any less a moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well I guess he has a right to do it but
    that doesn't make him any less a moron.
    That^^^^^^^^^
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

2nd thoughts???
    Kenji López-Alt Backtracks After Saying His Restaurant Won’t Serve MAGA Hat Wearers

Just two days after López-Alt proclaimed Wursthall would not serve MAGA hat wearers, actor Jussie Smollett was brutally attacked in Chicago by two men allegedly sporting the red hats. They reportedly spouted racist and homophobic slurs at Smollett, poured an unidentified chemical substance on him, and tied a rope around his neck.

Now, however, López-Alt is walking back his comments. In a Medium post on Friday morning, he issues a textbook mea culpa, writing in an apology directed to “my staff and partners”: “...Making a public statement without taking my team’s thoughts into consideration was disrespectful and reckless. My goal at Wursthall was for it to be a restaurant where all employees and staff are treated with respect and trust, and by making that public statement without your consent, I failed at that goal. I will work hard to earn back that trust.” Per the San Francisco Chronicle, when the story first went viral earlier this week, López had initially declined to comment further on the situation “for his staff’s safety,” acknowledging that Wursthall received threatening emails in the wake of his tweet.

López-Alt also writes that “[his] personal perspective in no way meant that Wursthall was changing its policy, as is being erroneously reported in media” — though reporters can hardly be blamed for interpreting his original tweet that way, given the tweet’s emphatic nature and his leadership role at Wursthall as chef-partner.
    https://www.eater.com/2019/2/1/18206...ll-controversy
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM