1. #1 Jet the fire dog 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Jet didn't come to the house when the sun went down. I called and called and finally, she came to the gate and laid down.
    I had to help her in the house she was too weak to get up the steps.
    She laid down on the floor and died, she was 8 years old.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Man, that's a shame. Just got a beagle pup that needed a home right before Christmas, been a couple of years since Josephine the trash-raiding chocolate Lab passed away, it was a hole that really needed to be filled.

I have Daisy-May 15 years, Duke 15 years, Wally 17 years, Mr. Whiskers came from dog pound 15 years ago he has to be at least 17 and then there is Bad Dog she is 4.
    I have lots of sadness in store.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

You pay for all the happiness you get with an equal measure of sorrow someday, I'm not sure it is worth it.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man, sorry to hear that Rock!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You pay for all the happiness you get with an equal measure of sorrow someday, I'm not sure it is worth it.
    Starting near 70 years ago I’ve been through that multiple times. I have yet to lose a friend as you did Jet but regardless of the circumstances, it always hurts -a lot. Each time the next one brings the joy again.

Hang in there and pet the other guys a little extra tonight.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    My last dog is now in her 11th year, she is deaf and can't hear a thing. I won't get another because I have a hard time taking care of this one. I still live rural so it's hard for me to drive to town other than my on little community so the only vet is a good drive. Old truck is like me and worn out and soon as this dog is gone I am going to pack up and move nearer home which is Houston just so I don't die where I don't want to be. I hate the thought of not having a dog after those in the past because they gave me great company and companionship. I had one die of cancer and the other two previous to this dog both died from heart attack. Really sorry to hear about your dog. That very cold weather don't help man nor dog but at 8 years the dog must have had a heart condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    My last dog is now in her 11th year, she is deaf and can't hear a thing. I won't get another because I have a hard time taking care of this one. I still live rural so it's hard for me to drive to town other than my on little community so the only vet is a good drive. Old truck is like me and worn out and soon as this dog is gone I am going to pack up and move nearer home which is Houston just so I don't die where I don't want to be. I hate the thought of not having a dog after those in the past because they gave me great company and companionship. I had one die of cancer and the other two previous to this dog both died from heart attack. Really sorry to hear about your dog. That very cold weather don't help man nor dog but at 8 years the dog must have had a heart condition.
    I think she got hit by the horses running. Can't be sure there is no external damage. I just finished burying her and she bled some from the nose.
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

If I wasn’t gone three or four nights a week for 13 to 14 hours, I would probably have 3 or 4 dogs. I just can’t do it because it wouldn’t be right.

Sorry Rock, I know they are family.