1. #1 Advantage of living in Florida 
    gator
    These little babies were picked fresh this morning at a field a mile from my house. They taste as good as they look.

Even better. Living in South Ga, I have access to all the goods from Florida (mostly Fireworks) without have to live amongst nuts.;):D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Merry Christmas. They look great and here they would cost us as much as a new 30 round AR magazine. :D Enjoy.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Wow, they look delicious. I was just talking the other day about the wonderful oranges I received from Florida a few years back.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Wow, they look delicious. I was just talking the other day about the wonderful oranges I received from Florida a few years back.
    I just bought a bushel of those same naval oranges that were sent to you. We juiced them up on Sunday and had the best fresh orange juice you can imagine.

A pie recipe

INGREDIENTS
    2 (8 inch) pie shells, baked
    2 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries
    1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin/ Jell-O
    1 cup white sugar
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 cup boiling water

DIRECTIONS
    In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add boiling water.
    Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened and clear, 4 to 5 minutes.
    Remove from heat. Add gelatin/ Jell-O, stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
    Place strawberries in baked pie shells; position berries with points facing up. Pour cooled gel mixture over strawberries.
    Refrigerate until set.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    These little babies were picked fresh this morning at a field a mile from my house. They taste as good as they look.

I miss that. I used to get them fresh and dirt cheap all the time on the farms along 301 between Stark, Waldo and Lawtey. Even last year I would get half a flat for about $5.00.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ