1. #1 VA bill erases ‘husband’ and ‘wife’ from law, defines embryonic humans as property 
    Power CUer
    From our current favorite dysfunctional state...

Humans Beings Now Legal Property?
    http://www.familyfoundation.org/blog...B8ygKGVS4nXcR4

This might actually be the most Anti-Family bill we have ever seen that actually has a shot at passing.

HB 1979 (D-Sullivan) threatens to open up Pandora's Box on critical matters involving Life, Parental Rights, and the most basic ideas of what it means to be a family. Late last week, this bill narrowly passed out of a majority-Republican House subcommittee and then the full House Courts committee, making its way to the floor for a vote TOMORROW.

This bill will do ALL of the following:
    1) Recognizes in VA law (for the first time since the 1860s) human beings as property to be “owned” by others.

2) Significantly expands the commodification of human beings to potentially be exchanged, traded, bought, and sold.

3) Creates a new legal presumption for parenthood that is not tied to biology..

4) Encourages the creation of babies without both a mom and a dad because it would now allow any single individual or non-married couple to contract with a surrogate to obtain a baby.

5) Accelerates the diminishing of the nuclear family with a mom, dad, and biologically resulting children.

6) Leads to the proliferation of “lab-babies” with no parents, which will inevitably become commercialized to select for certain desired traits.

7) Erases terms like “husband” and “wife”, “his” and “her”, to replace them with gender-neutral language.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I'm proud to be a 3 year war veteran in a combat zone, I hate the VA and completely stopped using them 6 years ago, I also shut down my facebook account last month after using it for 12 years. You just have to make decisions that you think are right and the nation is going the wrong direction in every aspect of our private lives and personal business. Like the old saying says, just because someone called it a law don't make it a law. The VA needs and should be completely shut down, they do a terrible job of using our money and the veteran is not better off with the VA. You get much better care just using a simple community family health clinic, I know I do.

I believe her post relates to VA = Virginia, not Veterans' Administration.

I'm never sure if proggies really don't see the likely ripple effects of their ideas, or if they are fully aware of those likely effects and are looking at such things as long term goals. Both options are sickening, especially in these areas.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I believe her post relates to VA = Virginia, not Veterans' Administration.
    True. Virginia.