Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    “We need to be bold again in America. We need to have dreams that other people say are impossible. We need to push the bounds of human potential. Because that is our history.”

Yep, and we could do that if the proggies got out of the way.
    These people are far surpassing progressives, we need to call them the Marxists they are.
    "If space is a vacuum who changes the bags"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Here is a link to the Green New Deal proposal; it's a loser in several ways.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...n-New-Deal-FAQ
    Guaranteeing economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work.
    How is she going to get the working public to support that?

There is no real plan yet, and additional taxes are not ruled out. So without air travel, it will be mostly trains and ships? Sailing ships? Perhaps she knows she'll never need an air ambulance. I was fortunate to get an airlift when I open fractured my leg out in the woods.

I support policies that have positive impact on the environment, but the New Green Deal is silly and impossible. I support research and development of clean energy, but embracing all of them at once is just not realistic. We need to incorporate new technology with the old until it is feasible and marketable to leave the old behind. It's a slow process.

Getting rid of plane travel is ridiculous. I'm not sure about cross-country high-speed trains, either. Amtrack doesn't exactly have the safest record with slower speed trains. I did travel from Detroit to NYC via Amtrack in 1990 and it was a fun experience. Pretty views from the tracks, decent food, etc.